MFA Boston Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MFA Boston Interview Questions

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MFA Boston.

Interview

Phone interview first which went well, then an in person interview was scheduled. I thought I was going to just meet with the person I spoke to on the phone, I was actually meeting with her first and then having a second interview with another person. The whole process took 2 long hours. I meet with the person I spoke to on the phone and we basically just expanded on what we talked about over the phone. The second person was more in-depth with the certain position. At one point she told me how I would normally do something, and how I had gone about doing at my previous job was wrong and I should never do that. I think that was the make or break of the interview. In the end the job sounded way to stressful. Apparently they have a limited staff, limited resources to call upon when in need of higher assistance because of the size of the museum, and you are discouraged from handling problems by yourself, but should still be able to handle those problems. It was confusing and I walked away hoping that they wouldn't call me. I really didn't want the job.

Interview Questions

• If a customer came up to you and informed you of a problem what would you do?   Answer Question

Department Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MFA Boston (Boston, MA).

Interview

I first met with a member of human resources to chat about the position, and go over a few questions. Immediately after, I was interviewed by the person who I was replacing and my supervisor together in the room. The interview process was completed in one day.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain a situation that involved you to multitask, and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MFA Boston (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Got an email about conducting an interview
    Interviewed by 2 staff members on phone
    Brief introduction of the internship: what you will be work on/who you will be working with
    Ask questions
    Question time for the staff member

Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MFA Boston (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

After having sent a cover letter and filled in an application form I was invited for an interview and met with two of the management staff. The interview was informal and relaxed.

pay was too little

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MFA Boston.

Interview

Applied online and was invited for an interview. It was definitely an intense interview and tested my knowledge. But if you like art it's kinda fun... in a slightly nerve wracking way.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied for a fall internship, didn't get it, but was encouraged to apply again. Then I got the spring internship. The interview was unnecessarily intense for an unpaid position.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most and least satisfying work experiences you've had and why.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MFA Boston.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from my department's manager to set up an interview a few weeks later. I scheduled a time with her, and on the day of the interview first met with the woman in HR, who then walked me to the department's office where I met with the dept manager and my immediate manager.

The woman in HR was lovely and easy to talk with - took some of the nervous edge off! That portion of the interview was more general about my experience and past workplaces. We also talked about salary and she shared with me the salary range for the position. Not sure if they would always do this or if she did because she knew it would mean a pay cut for me and wanted to know if I would still be interested in the job knowing that. The departmental part of the interview was more job-specific about my experience and telling me about the specifics of the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing terribly out of the ordinary. Lots of general questions about my experience and a lot of information on their part telling me about the role and organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because I had spoken with the HR rep about salary in the interview, I knew that their offer was at the top of the salary range for that position, so I did not try to negotiate. (She told me that they had talked about the possibility of trying to go higher and weren't able to do so.)

Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MFA Boston (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

i had applied online and found the interview very enjoyable. welcoming environment with wonderful interviewer. could tell the culture is fabulous, and a place that i would be thrilled to be a part of.

Visitor Information Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MFA Boston (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for the volunteer position on June and they emailed me back saying that they are full. On March I got an email for an interview. It was a group interview of five or six people, mostly older, 50+ ladies. Everybody seemed friendly but too competitive for a volunteer position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you've faced in your previous experiences?   Answer Question