MGM Grand Hotel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Group Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview , with 2 of the 3 managers. The interview was easy, typical and thought I landed the job. Near the end of the interview the Director came in to observe. I answered everything honestly and felt like i got it. One of them wanted to offer the job to me but waited.I heard noting pass the time frame that was given to me. I was told I would be called and adv of the decision. I called and no one would respond. I was finally able to reach the scheduler for the interview and she was able to find the information I needed. I waited a month in a half because of them and I stopped applying anywhere else. It was not a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult co workers?   1 Answer

Technology/Table Games Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. 3 Days later got a call back for an interview. Went to the interview 2 days later. Received email for drug test.. Time between applying and obtaining the job - 10 days total. I have found out that their background check is very intensive. This may be specific to the department that you apply for. As for the background check, they contact all personal references that you provide them. They will look in every nook and cranny.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be an MGM Employee? Seems relatively simple, but as with any job interview, make sure to read up on the company (i.e., core values, number of employees Worldwide, volunteerism, etc.) The more you know, the better it is to understand WHY you want to represent the company.   Answer Question

Special Events Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was conducted by three Special Events Coordinators. We sat around a table and they each took turns reading questions from a list. As you answered they would scribble away. The girls were nice and the questions were standard. They cared about cash handling and teamwork skills a lot. There really aren't very many skills necessary for this position.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. As usual the "What is your greatest weakness?" question was the most "difficult."   Answer Question

Security Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in July 2014.

Interview

Be careful with this. They will announce for security supervisor or security officer II. Will not happen. I asked why, and was told "that's the way we do it". I then asked why do you post it, again, I was told "that's the way we do it, (border on rude) your experience does not matter. I have a little over 20 of law enforcement, ie; police officer, told they don't care and they do not make exceptions.

Let me explain this is not at all the MGM properties, just at the Grand as far as I know, as for Veterans status, I actually belie the guy I talked with doesn't want veterans, yes this was at the Veterans Job Fair, I can only believe he didn't want any competition.

Corporate Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

I applied online via their mgmresorts career site. I first had a phone conversation with the head of the small marketing team. He asked me very general questions just to see if I'm able to fit with the team. After about a week later, he emailed me back to set up a group interview with my potential future co-workers. That interview was very technical in nature and including a marketing question as well.

Interview Questions

• During the group panel interview, I was asked database/sql questions such as selecting the first five rows in a database and I was also asked about market segmentation.   Answer Question

General Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2009.

Interview

After the application was processed I was contacted by e-mail to set up a telephone interview. The interview took place a few days later. It was an easy process, with no complications or hoops to jump through. Everyone was friendly and polite. I spoke with a representative and most of the conversation revolved around my experience. It was determined that my experience, while relevant, was not extensive enough to continue the interview. The interviewer was very professional and polite.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing lately.   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in March 2010.

Interview

Resume, ask general questions about the company, ask your interest, tell some thing about my self. Ask some situation and how did you handle it. Ask the time you can work and what kind of skills you can bring it to the company. Overall the process is looking for the personality.