MGM Grand Hotel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

took about 4 months to get hired, drug test, and the interview was really easy with 2 supervisors. started about 3 weeks after the assessment test and drug testing and orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you are accustomed to only having a lunch break no 15 minute breaks?   1 Answer

Group Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview , with 2 of the 3 managers. The interview was easy, typical and thought I landed the job. Near the end of the interview the Director came in to observe. I answered everything honestly and felt like i got it. One of them wanted to offer the job to me but waited.I heard noting pass the time frame that was given to me. I was told I would be called and adv of the decision. I called and no one would respond. I was finally able to reach the scheduler for the interview and she was able to find the information I needed. I waited a month in a half because of them and I stopped applying anywhere else. It was not a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult co workers?   1 Answer

Slots Floorperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

It was a very simple interview. I was interview by two different supervisors. They asked basic questions like any other interview. You are required to take a hair drug test and they will cut your hair in three different spots. Also, the background check is very intensive. The whole process took several weeks but it was well worth it.

Grandette Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Detroit, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview went really well. They asked basic questions in regards to customer service. They asked how would you promote promotions and things. The hiring proces took about a week.

Computer Engineer/Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

This all depends on the property. My experience was very smooth and relaxed, no insane questions to answer; You know the ones... "If you were on a deserted island, what one thing would you want to bring with you?" ... yeah, none of that non-sense. Here they are really good about actually reading your resume' and asking questions about anything that might be missing from the resume that might be relevant to the position.

Negotiation

If you have salary in mind, and you know no one else would accept less. Hold your ground. If you're disparate, they'll know.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

I met with 3 different managers on three visits. Very inefficient. Went through many interviews and offered a job. Their HR site is from the 90s and glitches my application. Never got hired. If they changed their minds on hiring me, they should have just told me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

The Hiring process is very slow for Managers so brace yourself. It took me 5 months to get hired and I interviewed with 6 different people. They are huge on behavioral questions they want to know more of what you have done not what you say you would do in a situation.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of one but they do ask a lot of questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Technology/Table Games Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. 3 Days later got a call back for an interview. Went to the interview 2 days later. Received email for drug test.. Time between applying and obtaining the job - 10 days total. I have found out that their background check is very intensive. This may be specific to the department that you apply for. As for the background check, they contact all personal references that you provide them. They will look in every nook and cranny.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be an MGM Employee? Seems relatively simple, but as with any job interview, make sure to read up on the company (i.e., core values, number of employees Worldwide, volunteerism, etc.) The more you know, the better it is to understand WHY you want to represent the company.   Answer Question

Foodserver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

It was very casual. He just basically wanted to see what kind of person he was interviewing. He told me later that you can determine whether or not a person is qualified to work at your place of business from their work experience/resume. What's more important is seeing if they can integrate themselves with the current team.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, he asked me to describe myself. It's a little weird talking about yourself to someone you just met.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, no negotiation took place.

Wedding Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

2 Interviews, one with only the Manager and the second with a board of 4 members of management. They use a unique scale to interviews, they have set questions and only 3 numbers, 3,5,8 and they select one. The following questions may have 2, 4, 7. and so on. At the end they submit the sum and decide whether or not to call your references.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time that you helped your co-workers? Tell us of a time when you disagreed with something a co-worker was doing?   Answer Question