MGM Grand Hotel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 17, 2016

2.7

Technology/Table Games Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. 3 Days later got a call back for an interview. Went to the interview 2 days later. Received email for drug test.. Time between applying and obtaining the job - 10 days total. I have found out that their background check is very intensive. This may be specific to the department that you apply for. As for the background check, they contact all personal references that you provide them. They will look in every nook and cranny.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be an MGM Employee? Seems relatively simple, but as with any job interview, make sure to read up on the company (i.e., core values, number of employees Worldwide, volunteerism, etc.) The more you know, the better it is to understand WHY you want to represent the company.   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Phone screening with Staffing Specialist; initial interview with Training Director and Training Manager (work sample requested; short-term project assigned); second interview with Training Director and VP of Human Resources (assignment reviewed)

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in March 2010.

Interview

Resume, ask general questions about the company, ask your interest, tell some thing about my self. Ask some situation and how did you handle it. Ask the time you can work and what kind of skills you can bring it to the company. Overall the process is looking for the personality.

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Detroit, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Very chill. The process was a little lengthy. Because they require you to have a background check, as well as a drug test. But the interview process was average. Nothing extraordinary.

Grandette Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Detroit, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview went really well. They asked basic questions in regards to customer service. They asked how would you promote promotions and things. The hiring proces took about a week.

Gaming Surveillance Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. This department has a high turnover due to new hires getting let go or new hires quit due to excessive bullying in this nefarious office.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask questions. They talk and tell you what this department is all about. Trust me they only tell you the NICE things about them...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2014.

Interview

stop by the front desk and inform one of the agents in regards to a scheduled interview. agent confirms with a manager and takes you into the back area to wait. depending on the manager's schedule you can wait about an hour. manager grabs you and takes you into an office. standard questions are asked and opens up for any questions or comments. gets informed on a vague time frame for the follow up and asks to call back if you don't hear back.

Slots Floorperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

It was a very simple interview. I was interview by two different supervisors. They asked basic questions like any other interview. You are required to take a hair drug test and they will cut your hair in three different spots. Also, the background check is very intensive. The whole process took several weeks but it was well worth it.

Wedding Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

2 Interviews, one with only the Manager and the second with a board of 4 members of management. They use a unique scale to interviews, they have set questions and only 3 numbers, 3,5,8 and they select one. The following questions may have 2, 4, 7. and so on. At the end they submit the sum and decide whether or not to call your references.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time that you helped your co-workers? Tell us of a time when you disagreed with something a co-worker was doing?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

I met with 3 different managers on three visits. Very inefficient. Went through many interviews and offered a job. Their HR site is from the 90s and glitches my application. Never got hired. If they changed their minds on hiring me, they should have just told me.