MGM Grand Hotel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MGM Grand Hotel Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2016

2.7

Corporate Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

I applied online via their mgmresorts career site. I first had a phone conversation with the head of the small marketing team. He asked me very general questions just to see if I'm able to fit with the team. After about a week later, he emailed me back to set up a group interview with my potential future co-workers. That interview was very technical in nature and including a marketing question as well.

Interview Questions

• During the group panel interview, I was asked database/sql questions such as selecting the first five rows in a database and I was also asked about market segmentation.   Answer Question

Security Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel in July 2014.

Interview

Be careful with this. They will announce for security supervisor or security officer II. Will not happen. I asked why, and was told "that's the way we do it". I then asked why do you post it, again, I was told "that's the way we do it, (border on rude) your experience does not matter. I have a little over 20 of law enforcement, ie; police officer, told they don't care and they do not make exceptions.

Let me explain this is not at all the MGM properties, just at the Grand as far as I know, as for Veterans status, I actually belie the guy I talked with doesn't want veterans, yes this was at the Veterans Job Fair, I can only believe he didn't want any competition.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

The Hiring process is very slow for Managers so brace yourself. It took me 5 months to get hired and I interviewed with 6 different people. They are huge on behavioral questions they want to know more of what you have done not what you say you would do in a situation.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of one but they do ask a lot of questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one.

Computer Engineer/Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

This all depends on the property. My experience was very smooth and relaxed, no insane questions to answer; You know the ones... "If you were on a deserted island, what one thing would you want to bring with you?" ... yeah, none of that non-sense. Here they are really good about actually reading your resume' and asking questions about anything that might be missing from the resume that might be relevant to the position.

Negotiation

If you have salary in mind, and you know no one else would accept less. Hold your ground. If you're disparate, they'll know.

Group Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview , with 2 of the 3 managers. The interview was easy, typical and thought I landed the job. Near the end of the interview the Director came in to observe. I answered everything honestly and felt like i got it. One of them wanted to offer the job to me but waited.I heard noting pass the time frame that was given to me. I was told I would be called and adv of the decision. I called and no one would respond. I was finally able to reach the scheduler for the interview and she was able to find the information I needed. I waited a month in a half because of them and I stopped applying anywhere else. It was not a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult co workers?   1 Answer

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Detroit, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Short and easily comfortable. General questions about your personality and why you want work them. Testing after your selected from the phase 2 part of interviews. Phase 3 Basic math adding and payouts. Then its phase 4 actual hands on training for 4 weeks 4 hours a day non-paid and at this point you still might not get hire if you fail. Phase 5 drug testing and phase 6 orientation. Hit the ground running after your hired in.

Interview Questions

• If i was able to work standing up for 8 hours.   1 Answer

General Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2009.

Interview

After the application was processed I was contacted by e-mail to set up a telephone interview. The interview took place a few days later. It was an easy process, with no complications or hoops to jump through. Everyone was friendly and polite. I spoke with a representative and most of the conversation revolved around my experience. It was determined that my experience, while relevant, was not extensive enough to continue the interview. The interviewer was very professional and polite.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing lately.   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2012.

Interview

They offered me the position tentatively but then I got rejected because of bad credit from my divorce. No BK or fraud, just lots of debts.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with budgeting?   1 Answer
    • How do you get along with others?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They got an exception to be able to offer me the high end of the salary range based on my salary history.

System Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Detroit, MI) in July 2008.

Interview

Detailed background check due to Michigan Gaming Commission licensing. Some what slow.

Interview Questions

• If you can't or don't want to discuss your entire life's finances and relationships, criminal history, drug use dont apply here. This of it like going to work for the FBI.   Answer Question

Special Events Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was conducted by three Special Events Coordinators. We sat around a table and they each took turns reading questions from a list. As you answered they would scribble away. The girls were nice and the questions were standard. They cared about cash handling and teamwork skills a lot. There really aren't very many skills necessary for this position.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. As usual the "What is your greatest weakness?" question was the most "difficult."   Answer Question