MGM Grand Hotel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.6

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

took about 4 months to get hired, drug test, and the interview was really easy with 2 supervisors. started about 3 weeks after the assessment test and drug testing and orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you are accustomed to only having a lunch break no 15 minute breaks?   1 Answer

Group Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview , with 2 of the 3 managers. The interview was easy, typical and thought I landed the job. Near the end of the interview the Director came in to observe. I answered everything honestly and felt like i got it. One of them wanted to offer the job to me but waited.I heard noting pass the time frame that was given to me. I was told I would be called and adv of the decision. I called and no one would respond. I was finally able to reach the scheduler for the interview and she was able to find the information I needed. I waited a month in a half because of them and I stopped applying anywhere else. It was not a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult co workers?   1 Answer

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Detroit, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Very chill. The process was a little lengthy. Because they require you to have a background check, as well as a drug test. But the interview process was average. Nothing extraordinary.

Grandette Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Detroit, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview went really well. They asked basic questions in regards to customer service. They asked how would you promote promotions and things. The hiring proces took about a week.

Gaming Surveillance Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. This department has a high turnover due to new hires getting let go or new hires quit due to excessive bullying in this nefarious office.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask questions. They talk and tell you what this department is all about. Trust me they only tell you the NICE things about them...   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2014.

Interview

stop by the front desk and inform one of the agents in regards to a scheduled interview. agent confirms with a manager and takes you into the back area to wait. depending on the manager's schedule you can wait about an hour. manager grabs you and takes you into an office. standard questions are asked and opens up for any questions or comments. gets informed on a vague time frame for the follow up and asks to call back if you don't hear back.

Slots Floorperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel.

Interview

It was a very simple interview. I was interview by two different supervisors. They asked basic questions like any other interview. You are required to take a hair drug test and they will cut your hair in three different spots. Also, the background check is very intensive. The whole process took several weeks but it was well worth it.

Wedding Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

2 Interviews, one with only the Manager and the second with a board of 4 members of management. They use a unique scale to interviews, they have set questions and only 3 numbers, 3,5,8 and they select one. The following questions may have 2, 4, 7. and so on. At the end they submit the sum and decide whether or not to call your references.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time that you helped your co-workers? Tell us of a time when you disagreed with something a co-worker was doing?   Answer Question

Computer Engineer/Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

This all depends on the property. My experience was very smooth and relaxed, no insane questions to answer; You know the ones... "If you were on a deserted island, what one thing would you want to bring with you?" ... yeah, none of that non-sense. Here they are really good about actually reading your resume' and asking questions about anything that might be missing from the resume that might be relevant to the position.

Negotiation

If you have salary in mind, and you know no one else would accept less. Hold your ground. If you're disparate, they'll know.

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Detroit, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Short and easily comfortable. General questions about your personality and why you want work them. Testing after your selected from the phase 2 part of interviews. Phase 3 Basic math adding and payouts. Then its phase 4 actual hands on training for 4 weeks 4 hours a day non-paid and at this point you still might not get hire if you fail. Phase 5 drug testing and phase 6 orientation. Hit the ground running after your hired in.

Interview Questions

• If i was able to work standing up for 8 hours.   1 Answer