MGM Grand Hotel Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

2.5

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

took about 4 months to get hired, drug test, and the interview was really easy with 2 supervisors. started about 3 weeks after the assessment test and drug testing and orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you are accustomed to only having a lunch break no 15 minute breaks?   1 Answer

Group Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview , with 2 of the 3 managers. The interview was easy, typical and thought I landed the job. Near the end of the interview the Director came in to observe. I answered everything honestly and felt like i got it. One of them wanted to offer the job to me but waited.I heard noting pass the time frame that was given to me. I was told I would be called and adv of the decision. I called and no one would respond. I was finally able to reach the scheduler for the interview and she was able to find the information I needed. I waited a month in a half because of them and I stopped applying anywhere else. It was not a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult co workers?   1 Answer

Computer Engineer/Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

This all depends on the property. My experience was very smooth and relaxed, no insane questions to answer; You know the ones... "If you were on a deserted island, what one thing would you want to bring with you?" ... yeah, none of that non-sense. Here they are really good about actually reading your resume' and asking questions about anything that might be missing from the resume that might be relevant to the position.

Negotiation

If you have salary in mind, and you know no one else would accept less. Hold your ground. If you're disparate, they'll know.

Technology/Table Games Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. 3 Days later got a call back for an interview. Went to the interview 2 days later. Received email for drug test.. Time between applying and obtaining the job - 10 days total. I have found out that their background check is very intensive. This may be specific to the department that you apply for. As for the background check, they contact all personal references that you provide them. They will look in every nook and cranny.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be an MGM Employee? Seems relatively simple, but as with any job interview, make sure to read up on the company (i.e., core values, number of employees Worldwide, volunteerism, etc.) The more you know, the better it is to understand WHY you want to represent the company.   Answer Question

Wedding Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

2 Interviews, one with only the Manager and the second with a board of 4 members of management. They use a unique scale to interviews, they have set questions and only 3 numbers, 3,5,8 and they select one. The following questions may have 2, 4, 7. and so on. At the end they submit the sum and decide whether or not to call your references.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time that you helped your co-workers? Tell us of a time when you disagreed with something a co-worker was doing?   Answer Question

Special Events Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was conducted by three Special Events Coordinators. We sat around a table and they each took turns reading questions from a list. As you answered they would scribble away. The girls were nice and the questions were standard. They cared about cash handling and teamwork skills a lot. There really aren't very many skills necessary for this position.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. As usual the "What is your greatest weakness?" question was the most "difficult."   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2014.

Interview

stop by the front desk and inform one of the agents in regards to a scheduled interview. agent confirms with a manager and takes you into the back area to wait. depending on the manager's schedule you can wait about an hour. manager grabs you and takes you into an office. standard questions are asked and opens up for any questions or comments. gets informed on a vague time frame for the follow up and asks to call back if you don't hear back.

Gaming Surveillance Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. This department has a high turnover due to new hires getting let go or new hires quit due to excessive bullying in this nefarious office.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask questions. They talk and tell you what this department is all about. Trust me they only tell you the NICE things about them...   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2012.

Interview

They offered me the position tentatively but then I got rejected because of bad credit from my divorce. No BK or fraud, just lots of debts.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with budgeting?   1 Answer
    • How do you get along with others?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They got an exception to be able to offer me the high end of the salary range based on my salary history.

General Food and Beverage Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MGM Grand Hotel (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2009.

Interview

After the application was processed I was contacted by e-mail to set up a telephone interview. The interview took place a few days later. It was an easy process, with no complications or hoops to jump through. Everyone was friendly and polite. I spoke with a representative and most of the conversation revolved around my experience. It was determined that my experience, while relevant, was not extensive enough to continue the interview. The interviewer was very professional and polite.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing lately.   1 Answer