MGM Resorts International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.6

Executive Meeting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The interview was average, and the process to get the interview was long. I Still have 2 more potential interviews with the director and Vice President. There were 10 people that interviewed.

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

Interviewed with a few different people, including two executive directors. The questions were real world scenarios. "How would you do ...this". After all the interviewing, the lowest possible salary became the only focus of the hiring manager. By that I mean there was not a single discussion about anything else they had to offer to make it more attractive. No discussion about vacation, or benefits, or other possible perks: it was all focused on the lowball. He made me an 'unofficial offer'. By that I mean it didn't go through HR. I guess he was expecting that I was going to counter offer his offer. I told him that I wouldn't accept it and that it was not competitive. I felt like I was dealing with a car salesman. It seemed like it was a game to them. At this point I knew I didn't want to work for him, so I threw back a counter offer that I knew he couldn't possibly make happen. The interesting thing was that I had received some inside information from a friend that works in HR and they seem to be having trouble keeping up with attrition in Information Technology, because they aren't competitive. What they seem to be doing is hoping to convince unknowing people from elsewhere in the country to come here, thinking that it will be a good place to work. Then they dupe them on the salary saying the cost of living is lower here and that the salary is 'competitive for Las Vegas'. Then they get here and they don't really have any better options and they aren't making enough money to pay to move somewhere else. Thank god I had offered from other places and didn't need to take this offer.

Interview Questions

• "How long would it take you to complete this project?"...(they then detailed an active project they need these skills to complete."   Answer Question

HIP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Recorded Online Interview. The link was sent to me quickly after my initial application, and I completed it within the five-day window provided.
    On-site interview: Still waiting to hear back if I was accepted for an on-site interview. The process has not been communicated well, with an occasional email serving as the only way to know what your status is.

Digital Optimization Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a recruiter (outside agency). I had a video interview with the hiring manager and another member of the department. They flew me in for an in-person interview with five people in the department. I was offered the position but it was at a much lower rate than I'd discussed with the recruiter. Additionally, MGM had agreed to relocation for the right candidate but then they backed out of a relocation package and offered to pay for mileage to drive to Las Vegas. It was disappointing because they offered a lower salary than they had advertised and didn't honor the relocation package agreement.

Interview Questions

• What are your development skills?   1 Answer

Staff Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Springfield, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

While applying the application had several questions. Later in the process the had a video interview where the "computer" asks you questions and you reply. The last question was a narrative question meaning no time limit, typing the answer in. During the whole time the camera remained on, not sure the purpose of that.

Later in the process was given a video interview

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for an hour over the phone with a Talent Acquisition Consultant. Was told all about the position and asked high-level questions, mostly about culture fit and leadership style. I was given positive feedback and told that I would move to the next part of the interview process, a phone interview with the VP leader of the position I was applying for. On the day of that interview, I was told by a recruiter that the interview was put 'on hold' because I did not have any development experience. That was something I shared during my initial phone interview, as well as with the initial recruiter that contacted me. I was told at that time that it would not be a problem, as there are capable members on the team that handle that, we're looking for more leadership and knowledge of a particular system (which I had). Here's the thing, you need to ensure that your HR and hiring managers are in sync and are talking to each other. Don't waste people's time by not covering the basics of the position from the beginning. This is amateurish and does not reflect well on the company.

Call Center Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few days later to complete an interview through HireVue. Basically, you record yourself answering 5 questions and you get 2 attempts to answer each question. After submitting, I received an email for a panel interview about a week later. They give you a date and time and ask you to confirm, but if you can't make it, email them to reschedule. On the day of the interview, I arrived 30 minutes early and checked in with security. About 10 minutes prior to the interview start time, myself and other candidates were taken to vacant cubicles to perform a 1-minute typing test. You have 2 attempts to get 35 wpm if you don't pass on the first try. Once that is completed, all candidates get placed with an agent to shadow a few calls to see if they are still interested in what the job consists of. After we all go in to a meeting room for a group panel interview. Depending on the size of the group, the interview can be lengthy. The director of the department and two other representatives are interviewing for the group. While the director asks questions, the other interviewers are writing down notes. We were asked about 5 questions and we had to take turns answering the questions. After we answered all the questions we were told if they had anything further to ask they would call us in individually and then were asked to leave the room. From there, the people they called into the room were being told they did not get the job and then the rest of the group was called in collectively and hired on the spot and filled out paperwork and receive an explanation of what to expect during the background check and drug test process, then we were all dismissed. The whole interview was quoted to last about 90-minutes but our was about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond to help someone.   Answer Question

Game Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

1 week process asked very simple questions. Also asked if I ever visited or played any of their games or attended any events such as fright dome. Must be comfortable working in the adventure dome.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty general software interview. One optional member joined the team and asked some pretty off the wall questions that I would not expect from a Java Position, i.e. define the three things that make a function thread safe (I've never learned anything about 3 specific things and had trouble finding any sort of reference for this question). The hiring manager was great and the questions from the other members were pretty run of the mill.

Interview Questions

• You are given three boxes. One box is filled with only apples, one box is filled with only oranges, and one box is filled with a mixture. They contain an infinite amount of fruit, so it is impossible to get to the bottom. All of the boxes are mislabeled. You can only pick out one fruit at a time. How many fruit maximum do you need to correctly label all of the boxes?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

None. I was solicited as a passive candidate, agreed to meet with a member of the leadership team and the first thing I was told is there wasn't actually a job. After 20 minutes of listening to him talk I tried to switch the conversation to an actual interview but ended up waiting another 25 minutes to be asked only one question for the entire 45 minute "interview" That question was "Do you have any questions?"

Despite the fact they didn't have a job, I noticed today on LinkedIn they just hired a young, thin blonde woman to join all the other young, thin women working for this man.

Are you building a team or a harem?

I was told in advance that MGM is notorious for age discrimination but I really didn't expect to witness such a blatant example.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions? (seriously, that is *THE* only question I was asked in 45 minutes!)   Answer Question