MGM Resorts International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

144 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for an hour over the phone with a Talent Acquisition Consultant. Was told all about the position and asked high-level questions, mostly about culture fit and leadership style. I was given positive feedback and told that I would move to the next part of the interview process, a phone interview with the VP leader of the position I was applying for. On the day of that interview, I was told by a recruiter that the interview was put 'on hold' because I did not have any development experience. That was something I shared during my initial phone interview, as well as with the initial recruiter that contacted me. I was told at that time that it would not be a problem, as there are capable members on the team that handle that, we're looking for more leadership and knowledge of a particular system (which I had). Here's the thing, you need to ensure that your HR and hiring managers are in sync and are talking to each other. Don't waste people's time by not covering the basics of the position from the beginning. This is amateurish and does not reflect well on the company.

Call Center Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a few days later to complete an interview through HireVue. Basically, you record yourself answering 5 questions and you get 2 attempts to answer each question. After submitting, I received an email for a panel interview about a week later. They give you a date and time and ask you to confirm, but if you can't make it, email them to reschedule. On the day of the interview, I arrived 30 minutes early and checked in with security. About 10 minutes prior to the interview start time, myself and other candidates were taken to vacant cubicles to perform a 1-minute typing test. You have 2 attempts to get 35 wpm if you don't pass on the first try. Once that is completed, all candidates get placed with an agent to shadow a few calls to see if they are still interested in what the job consists of. After we all go in to a meeting room for a group panel interview. Depending on the size of the group, the interview can be lengthy. The director of the department and two other representatives are interviewing for the group. While the director asks questions, the other interviewers are writing down notes. We were asked about 5 questions and we had to take turns answering the questions. After we answered all the questions we were told if they had anything further to ask they would call us in individually and then were asked to leave the room. From there, the people they called into the room were being told they did not get the job and then the rest of the group was called in collectively and hired on the spot and filled out paperwork and receive an explanation of what to expect during the background check and drug test process, then we were all dismissed. The whole interview was quoted to last about 90-minutes but our was about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you went above and beyond to help someone.   Answer Question

Game Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

1 week process asked very simple questions. Also asked if I ever visited or played any of their games or attended any events such as fright dome. Must be comfortable working in the adventure dome.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty general software interview. One optional member joined the team and asked some pretty off the wall questions that I would not expect from a Java Position, i.e. define the three things that make a function thread safe (I've never learned anything about 3 specific things and had trouble finding any sort of reference for this question). The hiring manager was great and the questions from the other members were pretty run of the mill.

Interview Questions

• You are given three boxes. One box is filled with only apples, one box is filled with only oranges, and one box is filled with a mixture. They contain an infinite amount of fruit, so it is impossible to get to the bottom. All of the boxes are mislabeled. You can only pick out one fruit at a time. How many fruit maximum do you need to correctly label all of the boxes?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

None. I was solicited as a passive candidate, agreed to meet with a member of the leadership team and the first thing I was told is there wasn't actually a job. After 20 minutes of listening to him talk I tried to switch the conversation to an actual interview but ended up waiting another 25 minutes to be asked only one question for the entire 45 minute "interview" That question was "Do you have any questions?"

Despite the fact they didn't have a job, I noticed today on LinkedIn they just hired a young, thin blonde woman to join all the other young, thin women working for this man.

Are you building a team or a harem?

I was told in advance that MGM is notorious for age discrimination but I really didn't expect to witness such a blatant example.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions? (seriously, that is *THE* only question I was asked in 45 minutes!)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about scheduling the initial phone interview a couple months after applying. I had my first phone interview with a corporate recruiter and it was a fairly simply screening interview with some behavioral questions. I heard back a little over a month later about scheduling the next interview, which would be over Skype with a property executive. This interview had more experience-based and career-focused questions. My third and final interview was also over Skype, a few weeks later, with another property executive. I received my job offer the day after my final interview. Next step is drug and background testing.

The interviews themselves were not difficult, but it is a long process. The program is, however, very competitive. They screen over a thousand applicants.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (East Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

i'LL be looking forward to a nice interview 30 min. early also dress to inpress answer all Question and know some people be very exsited Ijust need a chance to show my skills.

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

Apply, wait, wait, wait some more, interview, interview seems to go well sometimes with three interviewers, they say thanks you'll hear with in twoo weeks, more waiting, never hear back are even get an email, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Not anything about skills or experience just if you work well with other people. Well, in Vegas if you are in the hospitality industry, one must work well or are able to interact with people becauae alot of times you are with a guest.   1 Answer

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

MGM's interview process takes too long. You have to be patient. you may get a call a month after you submit your resume. You can only submit 2 applications at a time, so suggest using multiple emails.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International.

Interview

The recruiter sent an email. Later, they rescheduled for 5 PM PST - I thought that's okay because of the upcoming holiday. Btw, no invitation too on calendar so I decided to send myself an invite to the recruiter. I waited for 10 minutes - no calls. I decided to call the recruiter - to my surprised - the recruiter said, " I am busy and in the middle of something". Later on, the recruiter called me and explained to me. My sense - I think they are just collecting resume and no plans to hire anyone so it was totally waste of time.

I should had believe the review from glassdoor.