MGM Resorts International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.7

Interior Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Great interview process. Friendly, quick to schedule both interviews... But it's been 12 weeks with little to no communication from the department. It is pretty much the norm for the industry. Still very upsetting to have hardly any communication.

Housekeeping Floor Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview went well. Received a call with a job offer a couple of days after interview. Received drug test and background check information a day or two later still waiting for a call back did background check last Friday and drug test Monday. I've been checking back with the the background check people as they have a site to check progress of the check. It says it should be complete between August 24 and August 30

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have held multiple people accountable   Answer Question

Ticketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2016.

Interview

Got a call after applying on their website after about 2-3 weeks. I had a few people refer me so I think that was very helpful. In-person interview was about 3 weeks after applying and an official offer 4-5 weeks after applying. The drug test and background check took 2 weeks to go through before I had a call back. I received a job offer before they wanted me to complete a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a problem with a coworker and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Workforce Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call about 3 weeks later to set up the interview time and location. Once I arrived, I met with the hiring manager, Manager of Workforce Management, and her boss, the Director of Workforce Management. The two of them asked about my experience and background, very typical questions, and then sent me to take a computer competency exam. After the interview and test, before even leaving the office, they told me they already filled the position with someone else. I felt extremely insulted that they put me through that entire process when they already selected their candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you were unable to complete a task, whether it was from a lack of communication, time, etc. and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Cage Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Apply on line, back ground check, michigan gaming license approved and drug screen. Once everything checks out you have to have an orienation for about two weeks. Meet the staff in the department and training is for two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was your last employer   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Legal At National Harbor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on-line and received a telephone call one week later inviting me in to interview for the position of Executive Assistant Legal at the new MGM Casino Resort being built at National Harbor in the Washington, DC area. The Casino Resort is not completed yet, but they are in the process of staffing the entire place up, so lots of hiring going on. MGM has an office at National Harbor, which is where I went to interview. I met with 2 people, the attorney and I think the other person was the controller. Usual interview questions (see below), but bit of an odd twist: controller kept touching attorney on his arm and saying what a great boss he was, and she would refer to him by his last name only. Odd. Then when attorney asked me a question himself (controller had been asking questions initially), as I was responding to his question he lifted his arm, pushed his shirt sleeve up and stared at his watch. SERIOUSLY?! Maybe he hasn't done many interviews and does not know that the way it works is that after you ask the interviewee your question you sit there politely until they have finished responding. But after seeing this watch stunt, I realized then that I would never want to work with this attorney, so just cut my answer short, wrapped up the interview, thanked them for their time, then left and never bothered to send a "Thank You" letter. (Their "Thank You" was me not getting up and walking out of the interview when lawyer put his arm up and stared at his watch while I was answering his question!)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult problem you've ever encountered at work, and how you solved that.   1 Answer

Procurement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview + Skills Test. It was a smooth process. I had a phone interview and a three days later I took a skills test. It was on Excel and SQL. I was given 4 questions and was asked to solve. They confirmed the offer a week later. They followed up quite well. Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and skills that can add value to the current role.   2 Answers

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position and was set up for an interview about 3 days later. I interviewed with an assistant manager and a hotel operations manager. After about a 30 minute interview I was told I would be contacted within a few days regarding the next steps. 9 days later I received an email stating I had progressed to the next steps in the hiring process and shortly after an email requesting I complete a drug test within 48 hours. I then received a congratulatory email for the the position itself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received feedback or criticism from a manager, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

VIP Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International (Biloxi, MS) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied and got a call for an interview about a month or so later. Came in and interviewed for about an hour. Talked about what I wanted from the company and what I had to offer. Got a call back the next week after HR approval and then signed my offer.

A/R Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MGM Resorts International in April 2016.

Interview

Good experience with two managers. I was told I would hear back the next week but I never received a call letting me know either way so I had to assume i did not get the position. I was disappointed to not even get a call back at all since the interview went good in my opinion.