MICROS Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MICROS Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.6

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MICROS Systems.

Interview

First interview with out-of-state manager went well. He admitted that their e-commerce platform is a bit out of date. Met several folks on-site for next round of interviews. Interview with prospective manager went OK, but I got the impression that I didn't have all of the skills they'd need me to have. The manager was pretty intense, but friendly. Technical interviews went OK, but I got a feeling that I didn't have the technical skills necessary for the position. They kept asking me about technical skills I didn't have. It took a little while for the recruiter to get back to me. I needed to ask him about how the interview process went.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember anything specific right now, but I got several questions about troubleshooting Oracle, which I know nothing about except how to query the database via JDBC.   Answer Question

The company was further from home than my current job (at the time). Another company offered me the same salary and the drive was much shorter. Also, the other company said that I'd be working with some newer technologies. I thought that this position would be very stressful, since I'd need to pick up a lot of skills I currently don't have. Also, I read some pretty negative things about the company on this site.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MICROS Systems.

Interview

I applied online. I was called by HR the very same day for a brief chat. After that I was scheduled to interview via skype with a manager. 10 minutes. The next day I was called that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. What do you know of the position and what do you know of Micros. Are you aware of the traveling requirements... etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MICROS Systems.

Interview

1st Round: Coding Problem (offline)

A coding problem was given in order to asses skills. Problem about web.

2nd Round: Phone Interview

Some questions about web.

Help Desk II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MICROS Systems in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online, a recruiter interviewed me over the phone. Then she set up an interview and I met with a supervisor and a team lead. They interviewed me separately, one asking questions for a cultural fit and the other asking technical questions. The process took a little over two weeks.

Retail Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MICROS Systems (Solon, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

The process started with a hiring fair. The staff at the fair was bright and cheery, the questions were about IT PM experience. This led to a round of 5 more interviews. This was at the Solon location, in a marathon session with most of the team. The questions in the marathon session were similar in each round. A couple touched on different areas that were unique, but we basically stayed on the script of the resume. There were other calls with other team members and an enthusiastic HR person to shepherd the process.

Interview Questions

I was offered a lower position (Associate PM) at $30k less than my asking price. My perception is that the final manager offered a negative impression of my federal and military experience, leading to the initial demotion. It came through in a couple of "off color" remarks.

IT Support - Phone and Desk Side Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MICROS Systems (Columbia, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I was called by their internal recruiter. She asked what my current salary requirements wee. I told her and was asked if that was negotiable. I said yes to her. She thanked me and referred me to a manager, who called me an hour later. He asked me if I could interview later in the week. It was rescheduled to Feb, 14. I said yes and was told to come in. I sent a question to the recruiter about dress and what else I should bring with me. She told me to "just bring your professional self". I interviewed with the help desk manager and the team. I then interviewed with the IT manager. Just to clarify, it was a snowy day and I drove in 3 inches of hard packed snow to get there. When I was finished with the manager, the help desk manager wanted to know what I was asked and how I was received by the head of IT as though he was fishing for clues as to what the manager thought. He also had stated earlier that he had been there 20 years. All people involved made it abundantly clear that I would be working massive overtime and that I was exempt and would NOT be compensated for comp time as the position was exempt. I said it would not be an issue as long as the company met my numbers salary-wise. I was never asked what that number was. I was told that I would be contacted about the results of the interview. I sent a thank you note to the interviewers and have heard nothing back. Sent a follow up email asking if I was still under consideration and still nothing. Nineteen days later, still nothing. My impression of this company is that they could care little about their people and that they have big disconnects between managers and employees. The way I was handled left a bad taste in my mouth. It is sad that there was little professionalism on display here.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked were difficult. Straight forward questions that were standard.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MICROS Systems in December 2013.

Interview

Open house when I was hired advertised on Craigslist, Filled out a Short Application, Had initial interview where she went over information on resume and application, A few min later I had second interview with upper management got along great with the guy so not many questions, then he directed you to the computers in room where you type in a LONG application where you will need (or or would help to have) a copy of your resume, cover letter, names and information of your references.

2 weeks later I found out I was hired, prior to starting you must take your drug test at a labcorp so find one way in advance because not all labcorp's have such testing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (not difficult but looks polished to have thought this out in advance)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation; offer was FIRM

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MICROS Systems (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

Skype Video Interview - The interview was with the lady that would eventually become my manager. She was very easy to talk to and just casually asked about my experience and skills. I was given an offer a few days after the interview.

I got the interview by contacting a recruiter in their HR office who referred me to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember really, but pretty typical. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Customer Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MICROS Systems (Columbia, MD).

Interview

Over the phone/ email screening. Try to highlight either customer support experience or technical aptitude, either way will be a good starting point.
    Next, an in person interview with part of the management staff. They will review your resume, ask typical interview questions you'd find on google, and perhaps a very basic set of technical questions, but this won't be the focus if you don't come from a technical background, so don't worry.
    When you start you'll have about 2 weeks of training, at the regular rate of pay. You'll probably be 8-5 for the first month or so, then they will want to switch you to 2-10. Better hours become available based on seniority and work performance.

Interview Questions

• This is not really applicable. Just make sure you present yourself well, are well spoken (since it is a phone support role), and express you can maintain a professional and friendly air.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You can request specific hours if need be, and they may be accommodating.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MICROS Systems (Cleveland, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

They ask only what you have done but if you have just updated your resume to be selected without work experience then you will be in trouble. They ask practical questions

Interview Questions

• They expect to hear from you that you know what they are doing   Answer Question