MINDBODY Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MINDBODY Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at MINDBODY

2.3

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Screening on phone > technical/behavioral on phone > on-site > offer
The pipeline was well-handled. Everyone that processes the interview is very professional. MindBody cares more than just the technical alignment, but they also want to understand you as a person to align with company's cultural values. I had a few competitive offers, and I would say that the #1 event that "tipped me over" to MindBody was the on-site interview. I got to meet the team and ask questions about the company from the managers' perspective. By the end of the interview I felt that the team was very genuine and there's definitely a great vision set out by the managers.

Interview Questions

• Most challenging project
    Tools used to complete the project
    Completion timeline for project
    Basic SQL questions
    View on company's cultural values   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MINDBODY

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The process, for me, went:

HR phone screen -> phone interview, one person-> another phone interview (interviewer never showed up) -> phone interview (interviewer showed up this time) -> on-site -> scheduled two more phone interviews, at which point I withdrew from the process.

The HR phone screen was just a short chat with the recruiter, and covered the basics of the position and how my skills and experience might apply to it.

The phone interviews were with management in the department. They asked me questions about my experience, past projects, and comfort with various coding languages (mostly SQL and Python). I was never asked any algorithm questions, nor was I ever asked to code on the spot.

I was applying for a position in the Irvine office, so for the on-site I was flown up to their headquarters in San Luis Obispo and flown back the same day. I had a great HR rep who took very good care of me throughout the day; she showed me around, made sure my meetings all stayed on time, and had a ride waiting for me to take me to the airport as soon as I was done (my last interview ended 20 minutes before boarding for my flight closed; I landed three hours before my first interview, so I'm not sure why it was scheduled this way). My interviews were essentially in-person equivalents of the phone interviews and were with two of the managers I had already spoken to on the phone and one person who held the same position I was applying for.

The on-site, for which my flight boarded at 6AM at LAX and landed 12 hours later behind rush hour traffic, was an exhausting all-day event for me, so you can imagine my flabbergast when I was contacted after it to schedule two more phone interviews. Their rationale for this was that they had a new director who had started after my on-site that they wanted to interview me as well, which I didn't buy because: a. the on-site could have easily been postponed a week to include him, and b. the final interviews included a separate interview with a person other than him anyway. I withdrew my application at this point.

My overall experience with the company was a mixed bag. All of my conversations with the team were very positive, and I felt like the fit was strong, but between the missed phone interview, the inconsiderate scheduling of my on-site interviews relative to my flight times, and the borderline insulting continued interviews after all the energy I expended for the on-site, I felt like they generally didn't have much regard for me as a candidate. Your mileage my vary.

Interview Questions

• What projects are Mindbody would you be most excited to work on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online and heard from an internal recruiter in the same day. I had an interview with the hiring manager, another senior manager and then an onsite interview. I got the decision a few hours after the onsite was completed.