MINDBODY Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Onboarding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

The first interview is a 30-minute over the phone interview: pretty simple, the person you talk to is someone who is just getting to know you and figure out how you deal with certain situations. The second interview, it is on-site and you usually speak with the leaders of the team for that position and with my experience, I had two women and I had to prepare a presentation of how to use the software - which was expected and you are notified about it after the first interview. That's where you talk about their core values, their mission at MINDBODY, and how they relate to you. The third and final interview is with the manager of the entire department and it was almost more nerve-wracking than having three women talk to you, but similar questions to the last.

Interview Questions

• What does the best manager or teacher look like to you?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MINDBODY.

Interview

Applied online their careers site, had a phone interview with a technical recruiter and then the manager, and then on-site interview. The recruiter was great and had good questions but the manager was a little confused because it was his first time hiring someone.

Onboarding Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I initially applied for the Administrative Support Specialist position. I got a phone interview fairly quickly. It was pretty comfortable and after we got off the phone she immediately set me up for my first on-site interview with the lead team members of that department. The interview with the Admin team lead's was super laid back and they were very welcoming and made me feel very comfortable. Shortly after I got a call saying that they had decided to go with other candidates for the position but since the team leads enjoyed talking to me so much they thought I would be good for a different position which was the 'Onboarding Coordinator'. I gladly accepted the offer to pursue doing interviews with that department so they then immediately set me up for my first on-site interview with the two team leads of that department. The lady who sets up the interviews told me to "be prepared to teach them how to do something (anything) in 5 minutes or less." This one was my favorite interview. I felt soooo comfortable with them! They really enjoyed what I had to teach them and thought it was very creative, fun and entertaining. It was nice to laugh and feel at ease during that interview with them. They were very friendly and I couldn't have felt happier or more confident leaving that interview. I was called shortly after to schedule my last and final interview with the head manager of that department. This one was a little more serious then the others. It was actually really, really hard to read how this interview went and I actually left feeling really bummed. I didn't have that comfortable connection like I had did in my other interviews with the team leads. It almost felt like I was wasting her time.
    Unfortunately, the next day, I got an (EMAIL) stating that they had decided to move forward with other candidates for the position. This was one thing I REALLY had wished they would've done differently. I wished they had the decency to personally give me a proper phone call so that I could have had the opportunity to ask them what I could've done differently or what I could do to work on so that next time I can be more prepared. I was extremely bummed. I wanted nothing more then to work and thrive at MINDBODY because I truly believe in the business and what it all has to offer and I wanted an opportunity to show my potential. I also felt like 4 interviews was a lot to be told thanks, but no thanks.
    It's really unfortunate to feel totally and completely confident with yourself in getting a job, and then be told no.
    All in all, I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to have gotten a few interviews for both jobs. I pursued an opportunity, I put myself out there to make a change in my life and I took action and that's really all I could've done and I wouldn't have changed a thing in how I presented myself. I wish things would've ended up differently for me, but maybe I'll be back in the near future to try again.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MINDBODY (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had applied online via Indeed.com for the new office opening in Atlanta and was contacted a day later to have a phone interview with Alana. The phone interview basically screened potential applicants for certain qualifications. As I was moving to Georgia the following month, she scheduled a second interview with Mr. Sanford. I showed up to the interview 45 minutes early, and he had another interview before me. I patiently waited and we discussed my prior sales experience and how comfortable I felt with cold calling. He offered me a position on the spot. I could definitely feel that this was going to be a long term career for me and I'm glad I am now a part of the Mindbody team!

Interview Questions

• Does cold calling stress you out at all?   1 Answer

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was cold called for this position. I was given a 45 minute phone interview that consisted of answering some situational questions about refactoring a table. Those questions were provided to me in advance. After passing that interview, mindbody brought me up to San Luis Obispo for the on-site interviews with a senior engineer, a manager and the director.

Interview Questions

• Given a particular table schema, how would you refactor it?   Answer Question
    • Given a query based on the schema, how would you optimize it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had difficulties with a co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a project you are particularly proud of   Answer Question
    • Describe a project that failed   Answer Question
    • Explain the process behind coding and implementing a solution for a problem.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process that I have experienced was meeting with the manager face to face to submit a copy of my resume. It was then a few questions were asked to get conversations started. Then roll playing was done to simply put myself in the situations I would be dealing with as a Sales Associate. A review of how/ what to expect from roll playing was then discussed. I was then given the opportunity to ask questions that I had. As the meeting came to an end I was told I would be hearing back from someone within the week. The next day I was called.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Mindbody?   1 Answer

Software QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

initial call with recruiter, director on skype next, then 2 managers, then onsite with 3 directors. upon arriving there were some delays (expected as employers juggle their daily tasks). met with a replacement person, ate lunch with QA director, things seemed to go very well, I was treated to a sea side hotel for the 2 days prior to the interview to relax and check out the area which I fell in love with. The company is fantastic if you can get hired on!

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good fit   1 Answer
    • Have you ever put an employee on a PIP (performance improvement plan)?   1 Answer

Onboarding Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MINDBODY (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a very similar experience to the interviewee below. The first phone call with the recruiter gave a nice overview of the position. I was then scheduled for an online meeting with two associates where I had to give a presentation on the software. I didn't feel as comfortable as I would've liked for the presentation but got a call back for a final interview with their manager. I did not connect with the manager during the interview and it felt rushed. I didn't ask as many questions as I would've normally and the interview did not feel sincere. I got a generic rejection email a day later. It was a good experience but I wish the second interviewer didn't have the final say.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MINDBODY (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter screener and interviews were as expected, though expect to do a lot of homework and background research on the company to be prepared. They give little information about the job but let you talk about your experience, so you never know if you're a good candidate until they call for the next interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the Mindbody mission?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA).

Interview

There was a phone Interview with the recruiter and then an on-site interview with the manager/recruiter. Asked questions about competitiveness, how you work with a team, and a lot of other questions about yourself. You also need to know some real world applications about MINDBODY