MINDBODY Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MINDBODY Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at MINDBODY

2.0

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MINDBODY.

Interview

Two days after applying via their online portal I received an email request to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled online for two weeks later. The next day the recruiter contacted me to reschedule for a sooner date (despite that her calendar only gave me appointment slots for two weeks out). So I schedule a conversation within the week. I received an email confirmation with the wrong dates/time. I tried to confirm with the recruiter the correct date/time but never heard back. Ultimately she did call on the correctly scheduled time despite sending a confirmation with inaccurate details.

The recruiter opens with a little bit about MindBody and then digs into the interview questions. None of which were particularly challenging. The recruiter asked about salary requirements and informed me of their rather low salary range for the role. She also harked on salary for a few minutes longer than any other question she had for me. Which I found odd considering it was a first interview and they should be more focused on what value I can add to the organization, not what salary they can get away with providing me. I was uninterested in talking salary so early in the process and expressed my greater interest in the organization than that of a paycheck. In terms of most interview questions, it seems they are gauging for culture fit. I was excited because I live the MindBody culture in my own personal and professional life and was interested in learning more about the role and company. After she asked all the usual questions, she asked if I had any questions. And boy did I ever because this is an organization I was very interested in. I asked the recruiter more specific questions about the organization such as long term strategic goals, how the office felt in light of announcing IPO and what she liked best about the organization. Her responses were a little generalized "I like the company culture" amongst "We have fitness events" and "I'm not sure where we are heading but we are growing and the sky is the limit." Truthfully I was a little disappointed in the lack of depth of her responses because it seemed like she was either reading off a cue card that listed inspirational sounding generalized-positive-statements about the company or like she didn't really know what she liked about the organization other than yoga classes with her friends at work.

The interview lasted approximately 25 minutes and I asked about next steps and she seemed very professional informing me that while the hiring manager was currently on vacation, that she would be back the following week and I would hear back from them about my status once the recruiter could touch base with the manager (2 weeks at most she says since they are eager to fill the role).

The next day I emailed the recruiter back thanking her for her time and re-asserting my interest in the role and eagerness to hear about the hiring decision.

It has now been over 2 months since I had my scheduled phone interview. I never heard back from the recruiter or anyone else at MindBody. I never even received a response to my "thank you email" or my "follow up email" about the role. Uncharacteristically poor communication and a lack of politeness for the coast.

My affinity for MindBody has, since the interview, waned. It seems the company is more interested in rapid growth for the sake of growth and that the culture fit is less of a real indicator of success at the organization.

My recruiter did not live up to the MindBody core values and the 5 C's of Leadership; No Compassion for my sincere interest in the organization and working there, No Catalytic action, No Character and No Courage to communicate to her candidates despite asserting that she would and certainly a lack of Competence.

This lack of competence seems to be a theme at MindBody, a young organization with young workers still trying to figure things out. I would encourage MindBody to develop better systems/processes and for management to provide greater training and leadership opportunities for their staff. This way they can sustain growth with a talented workforce, which today, is more important than ever in an overcrowded market that is becoming more and more saturated with wellness trends and brands. In the future, it will be interesting to see how MindBody grows their fledgling workforce and how their workforce either helps or hurts them going forward as a public traded organization.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements? What are you most proud of? What MindBody core value most resonates with you?   Answer Question

MINDBODY Response

Aug 14, 2015 – Talent Acquisition Project Specialist

We are happy to hear about your personal connection to the core values of MINDBODY, and so thank you for taking the time to interview with us. We strive to follow up with each candidate we interview... More

Other Interview Reviews for MINDBODY

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MINDBODY in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online through mindbody's website. Got an email from the hiring manager within 24 hours. I had one telephone interview with the hiring manager. It was more of a Q&A and to gauge whether I was interested in the position. The second interview was with the hiring manager's director. He asked several situational questions with regards to the project management role. Later, he asked several questions with regards to my resume. Pretty easy... nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a situation where the software team would be late due to tool issues and additional resources would not solve the problem?   Answer Question