MINDBODY Senior Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MINDBODY

2.0

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MINDBODY (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Started off with a 30 min phone call with one of mindbody's technical recruiters. We went over the basic questions like my experience, my current salary, target salary and why I'm looking to leave my current job. After passing the phone interview next up was the Skype interview with 3 of the employees from the software development team. I only spoke with 2 of the three scheduled (not sure what happened to the third but we never met) but the interview went very well and included some basic programming questions.

For the next round, I was assigned a programming assignment which involved the use of their soap api and was given about a week to complete it. After completing the assignment the final step in the process was to do an in person interview with the director of product management and get a tour of the building.

The interview with the director of product management went well and the tour was great. Mindbody has a great work environment and seem to promote a good work/life balance. I was very impressed.

Interview Questions

• There are plenty of other companies to work for closer to where you live. Why choose mindbody?   1 Answer

I didn't realize it at the time but apparently they viewed me as more of a Junior software developer than a senior. I'm currently a senior software engineer and have 4 yrs of experience (will be 5 in April of this year) and was told that their Senior developers typically have 5-7 years of experience. But I was assured that I would most likely move up after a year and a pay increase that would put me near what I'm making now. They offered me a software engineer role at $4k less than what I'm currently making which isn't a huge deal considering their excellent benefits package which would have made up the difference but losing my title in addition was a little to much for me to give up in addition to me relocating to San Luis Obispo. I felt like I was being asked to hit the reset button on my career. Sometimes you do have to take a small step backwards to love forwards but I couldn't do it. Also my case was a little unique in that I have kids and wife to worry about which complicates things a little bit. If it was just me I probably would have taken it as I'm unhappy where I'm at now. I told them that if they still have a Senior position available when I'm at the 5 year mark I would like to reapply. It's a great company and I think anyone who gets that job will definitely be happy. It just wasn't a good fit for both sides at this particular time.

MINDBODY Response

Feb 16, 2015 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for leaving a review for us! I agree sometimes looking for a new job is more complicated than it seems. A move to a new city and job is a big change and on top of that you would have had a... More

Other Interview Reviews for MINDBODY

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MINDBODY (Pune (India)) in August 2019.

Interview

First of all they have test called CCAT in which you need to solve 40 question in 15 min. One from home which is fine but don't take test again at the company,don't waste time for you and job seeker by taking test two time. Also no one know the company at the it park also they don't have any company board at building not even in the company you see the company name.
    The company setup is very very poor.
    Don't waste your time by attending the interview.

Interview Questions