MISO Interview Questions in Carmel, IN | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2016

3.3

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN).

Interview

It was an initial phone call screen with basic questions about the company itself and then a simple behavioral interview with a bit of technical questions to gage your knowledge on different languages. None of the interviews were terribly hard as long as you do research on the company and know how to answer questions in STAR format.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is VERY lengthy. Two phone interviews and then two in person interviews that last about 3 hours each. The same questions were asked in all 4 interviews. They use the STAR method in the in person interviews. They really make the position out to be much more than it is, hiring manager was hot and cold and at times it really seemed like she felt that she was wasting her time, she repeated herself several times and interrupted me answering her questions to take a personal call.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience? Why do you want to be in QA? What Agile experience do you have?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

First I applied online through my university and was contacted by a recruiter who wanted to know more about me. This led to a phone interview with that same recruiter, very conversational and not longer than 45 mins. And finally I had an in person interview at the headquarters in Carmel.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just behavioral questions about my resume.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

very smooth and pleasant. team leaders very jovial and accommodating. Recruiter introduced me to the company and the group of managers and directors i was to work with. every one was very knowledgeable and did not waste time in any silly questions. straight to the point and by the end of the week i had the offer in hand

Interview Questions

• all the questions were regarding my past experience and how it relates to the job at hand and how i fit into the responsibilities.   1 Answer

Supply Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN).

Interview

Mine was an open discussion years ago. Now they use standard behavior questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

Technical phone screen, then in person behavioral interview (recommended to use the STAR method).

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

from the first interaction with HR to the day I was hired was about 4&a half months. During that time I had a phone interview, an on site interview, and then I received an offer. Subsequent to the offer that I receive I also did a drug screen and a background check. Overall it was a pretty standard process and went fairly smoothly. The only thing that I would gripe about is the length of time it takes from the time that you accept the offer until you actually start work.

Interview Questions

• there was not a most difficult question per se. But there were many technical questions as well as behavioral questions. For the position I interviewed in you really need to be technically sound to answer the questions well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Mid-Management Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN) in March 2013.

Interview

HR screening is simply weird! HR doesn't seem to know what right hand is doing from left hand. Very fragmented. No ONE answers their phones ... always seems to be voicemail.

Interview Questions

• Nothing related to the actual job ... some BS questions about behavioral modeling!   1 Answer

Ftr Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN) in December 2010.

Interview

This was an internal interview. I was told I was one of the top candidates but could not get an offer due to a hiring freeze that had happened immediately after I interviewed.

STAR interview techniques (situation, task, action, and response) on areas of technical experience, managing risk, and behaviors (like conflict). Knowing where the job fit within the company helped.

They have a standardized format of questions to ask in categories. They like to see answers to all questions. Be prepared with examples of your prior work experience to aid in the STAR technique.