MIT Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

2.7

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview about a week after I applied online went great and I was scheduled for an in person interview about 2 weeks later. First met with the manager for 20 minutes then 4 people together for 20 minutes. The experience with the manager was good, he was very nice and personable and discussed the job and asked me a few questions, however the panel interview was a horrible experience. The people on the panel, potential future coworkers, acted like I was wasting their time from the moment I met them. No smiling, no friendliness, and nothing to suggest that I might be someone who would actually be a coworker in the future and that they cared what I thought of them. I found the experience very unsettling. They seem to get a lot of their workers as temps but this is no reason for this kind of behavior.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MIT

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

I heard back very quickly and had an interview within the week. I was interviewed by the main heads of the department. The people were pleasant, but it took a long time to hear back after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Interview

I was first contacted and had a brief phone screen that lasted approximately 20 minutes. They asked me a few basic questions about my interest in the position, my prior experiences, and my salary expectations. I was invited in for an in person interview by email the following week, and I met with the associate director and director of the office I was applying to. Both interviewers were very friendly, and mainly wanted to know what skills I thought would be most valuable and how I believed my previous experience would lend itself to this position.

Interview Questions

• What three skills would be more important in this position?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself within the next ten years?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MIT in August 2009.

Interview

Everyone was super nice and the interview process was smooth. I went through two rounds of interviews, meeting with four people total. Everyone in the department communicated openly. They were efficient in all aspects of the process, always calling me back in the agreed upon timeframe and scheduling interview for convenient times. The people who interviewed me clearly had taken the time to read my resume and were prepared with thoughtful questions. Unfortunately, the position did not offer the flexibility I needed and, as such, I did not continue in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why was I considering a job that was a step down from my current role?   Answer Question