MIT Interview Questions in Cambridge, MA | Glassdoor

2.8

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

There is a brief training period and a few meetings with management. The interview process isn't overly rigorous if you have a good attitude and demonstrate a willingness to learn the tour content.

Interview Questions

• Shadow a current tour guide then give a practice tour of your own after completing a test demonstrating proficiency of campus / tour guide knowledge.   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The whole process was sloppy once my application was sent to the Hiring team. They never replied to my follow up emails. Leaving me with an impression that they are rude and best that I am not their peer.

Interview Questions

• What was one issue you had to deal with and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

40 minutes with the hiring manager. Very pleasant, conversational interview. Basically about my background and why would I like to work there. Also, we discussed their expectations and then the hiring manager answered my questions about work culture, and how it looks like working there.

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen from HR about 1 month after application submitted. Follow-up HR skype interview 1 week later. Two additional skype interviews after another week. On-site interview after another week with 3 other people plus head of HR. NO FOLLOW UPS! They took over a week to reply to each of my emails, most of which said they had "other priorities" that were getting in the way and that they hoped to reply to me "soon." After almost 2 months of this (past on-site interview) they finally said they had moved on to other candidates (in response to my email).

The interviews were pleasant and they covered all costs associated with the on-site trip, but the lack of communications afterward was quite rude.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Simple interview about my experience in the subject of research with the faculty team.
    I knew the professor before hand, and I just submitted my CV to complement my application for the job. I helped TAing a class as part of the job as well.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in the area of research?
      Takeaways from that experience.   1 Answer

Marketing Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewers are pretty nice and you won't feel anxious during the process. They also provide with some drinks and snacks. So pretty laid-back atmosphere. And they asked some questions based on your previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• Talk briefly about your previous professional experiences   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Internet application required CV and cover letter. Phone interview, on site interview including seminar before receiving an offer. During the phone interview I received general background research questions from 3 people and more sitting in the background. On site interview included 1:1 with 7 professors/researchers and a 1 hour seminar.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked and received a moving reimbursement of 2000$.

Masters In Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

One-hour interview on campus. Quite challenging.. A lot of tricky behavioral and technical questions. They invite for lunch with current students afterward. Overall pretty good experience. Took some time to prepare.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Went well with lots of questions, I also toured the lab and they continued to ask more questoin reagarding how statics work on a crane, where I had to answer questions such as moment arm and stresses acting on the metal. It was short and intense. I further talked about prsonal projcts and such.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Resume submitted by one of the recruiting firms. Got shortlisted and scheduled for a written exam. After that followed by technical interview on various java, j2ee related technologies for about 2 hours. Got selected in the technical round and scheduled for a brief conversation about the current position and expectations with the HR manager.