MIT Graduate Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Graduate Student Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Around 3-4 weeks after submitting the online application, they email you either saying you got the interview or not. If you did, there'll also be a link to the open time slots which you can choose from for the specified date.

In the interview, the interviewer first asks you to walk through your CV then asks followup questions and after these goes to the behavioural questions part. These should be in past tense since they're looking for experiences not made up ideas. After 2-3 of these the interview is finished by your questions. I think you should definitely ask 1 or 2 to look interested. Mine was 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with someone and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MIT

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

GRE, TOEFL and application, with a phone interview. The process is quite similar to other university application in general. Although the references from your college might play a good part.

Interview Questions

• how much experience i have in field i applied for   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

Regular grad school applications, followed by a weekend long interview. Met with three professors for individual interviews. The questions are related to your past academic and job experience, and mainly research. The professors tell you about their research so you can learn about what the program offers and ask them questions. You also get to spend time with current students and meet more professors over lunch and dinner. Overall very fun.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research and use a piece of a paper to draw diagrams.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

I went to MIT for my undergraduate degree, so the application process was fairly straightforward. I emphasized heavily my hands-on research and internship experience, which I thought would be valuable going into experimental research. I did not receive any feedback on my application packet, just an acceptance letter. I was in close contact with faculty in my prospective department throughout the application process.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult questions on the application; it was a straightforward graduate admissions package.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I was awarded a 1-year fellowship as part of the admissions package, which was extremely helpful because I was not awarded a national fellowship (NSF, NDSEG).

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

Focus on job history and detailed experiences