MIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

3.1

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT in March 2017.

Interview

It was a very short interview. The interviewer asked my interest in the position, then asked if I had any other questions for him. I wasn't sure if that was how all interviews went or if he wanted to cut my interview short due to lack of interest in my candidacy.

Freelance Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with two people. Pleasant, friendly, professional, asked pertinent questions, were open to questions from me. They were honest with me that they had another candidate to talk to, and said they would get back to me. When the manager did a couple weeks later, it was an email to say they'd gone with someone else, but she was kind enough to explain that the other candidate had more website experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you help your previous employer to increase their distribution (I had mentioned this on my resume). Tell us about your web-building experience.   Answer Question

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and received a call for a 30 min phone interview with the lab team member. The questions were about my previous experiences and some technical part. I didn't get the offer.

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The whole process was sloppy once my application was sent to the Hiring team. They never replied to my follow up emails. Leaving me with an impression that they are rude and best that I am not their peer.

Interview Questions

• What was one issue you had to deal with and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

40 minutes with the hiring manager. Very pleasant, conversational interview. Basically about my background and why would I like to work there. Also, we discussed their expectations and then the hiring manager answered my questions about work culture, and how it looks like working there.

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen from HR about 1 month after application submitted. Follow-up HR skype interview 1 week later. Two additional skype interviews after another week. On-site interview after another week with 3 other people plus head of HR. NO FOLLOW UPS! They took over a week to reply to each of my emails, most of which said they had "other priorities" that were getting in the way and that they hoped to reply to me "soon." After almost 2 months of this (past on-site interview) they finally said they had moved on to other candidates (in response to my email).

The interviews were pleasant and they covered all costs associated with the on-site trip, but the lack of communications afterward was quite rude.

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fine but the program director was incredibly rude and actively snickered and was surprised by my experience. I was interviewed by the current program manager who was leaving and the program director. They both asked questions from a designated list. The program director was very clear that she started the program and seemed to be making a point to let me know things would go through her and she was quite particular about how things were done.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe will be the most rewarding and most difficult aspect of the job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience with event planning   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

She was friendly but they didn't specify what was needed for the position so I was rejected. But they were both very nice and very fast with the process. Overall an okay interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't understand why you stayed in one lab for so long.   Answer Question

Masters In Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

One-hour interview on campus. Quite challenging.. A lot of tricky behavioral and technical questions. They invite for lunch with current students afterward. Overall pretty good experience. Took some time to prepare.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Half an hour long. No small talk, straight to the point. They asked what I already knew about MIT and the department. There was a lot of time to ask questions to the interviewers. They finished by letting me know what the next steps were.