MIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The whole process was sloppy once my application was sent to the Hiring team. They never replied to my follow up emails. Leaving me with an impression that they are rude and best that I am not their peer.

Interview Questions

• What was one issue you had to deal with and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

40 minutes with the hiring manager. Very pleasant, conversational interview. Basically about my background and why would I like to work there. Also, we discussed their expectations and then the hiring manager answered my questions about work culture, and how it looks like working there.

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen from HR about 1 month after application submitted. Follow-up HR skype interview 1 week later. Two additional skype interviews after another week. On-site interview after another week with 3 other people plus head of HR. NO FOLLOW UPS! They took over a week to reply to each of my emails, most of which said they had "other priorities" that were getting in the way and that they hoped to reply to me "soon." After almost 2 months of this (past on-site interview) they finally said they had moved on to other candidates (in response to my email).

The interviews were pleasant and they covered all costs associated with the on-site trip, but the lack of communications afterward was quite rude.

Interview Questions

Interview

Full day meeting with students and postdocs in the same lab. During each 30 min individual meeting, discuss with people about their current research, life, and fun places around MIT. Not stressful as discussions are really casual. Everyone will have their evaluation sent to the PI after the candidate left. Remember, lunch is also part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What did you do during your PhD.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fine but the program director was incredibly rude and actively snickered and was surprised by my experience. I was interviewed by the current program manager who was leaving and the program director. They both asked questions from a designated list. The program director was very clear that she started the program and seemed to be making a point to let me know things would go through her and she was quite particular about how things were done.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe will be the most rewarding and most difficult aspect of the job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience with event planning   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Simple interview about my experience in the subject of research with the faculty team.
    I knew the professor before hand, and I just submitted my CV to complement my application for the job. I helped TAing a class as part of the job as well.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in the area of research?
      Takeaways from that experience.
      1 Answer

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall, it went well. Met with lab staff in addition to the main professor. Had a group of people all part of the group I would be working in interview me all at once. Took about 3 hours. My experience matched up well with the lab's needs. The McGovern Institute is beautiful and everything seemed top-of-the-line

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

skype interview with the team. they asked mainly about the resume , skills you know , for eg. I said I know mysql , so they , how good you are at. also ruby on rails questions.

Technical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the head of the lab and assistant over Skype. Shortly after, I was asked for references. Only a few days after that, I received an unofficial offer. Overall, it was a very quick process. During the interview, it was easy to tell that my skills and interests aligned with those of the lab. The questions were straightforward and clearly asked to ensure that I would be a good fit with the lab.

Marketing Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewers are pretty nice and you won't feel anxious during the process. They also provide with some drinks and snacks. So pretty laid-back atmosphere. And they asked some questions based on your previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• Talk briefly about your previous professional experiences   Answer Question