MIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.9

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

No interview

Negotiation

Received similar offers from multiple universities. Invited for a tour and visiting faculties.

Interview

I applied through MIT's website for a position at the Sloan School of Management. The recruiter contacted me and we set up a day/time for a phone interview. On the day of the interview, I had a private spot scoped out to conduct the call and had all my talking points printed out - I was ready. Then I received a call on my cell, didn't recognize the number, but out of habit, answered it. It was the recruiter calling 1/2 hour early! Needless to say, I was thrown off, but didn't feel as if I could ask her to call back so I went to my spot and proceeded. Basically I was thrown way off my game, didn't stick to my talking points and flubbed the entire interview as a result. Despite this, I still sent a thank you note and follow up email weeks later to inquiry about my status. As you can guess, I was not invited for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about social media experience, which is a common question. But although I work with the team at my current job who handles social media to manage communications through these channels, the fact that I was not the one who hit the send button was deeemd an unacceptable answer.   Answer Question

Master of Finance Interview

Interview

Normal application process with essays and interviews
    Interviews are all fit questions such as why this program? Why you? What's your career goal? Give me an example when you lead a team. Give me an example when you are a team player.

Interview Questions

• Not really. What courses/professors you are interested in. Be sure to get familiar with the course name.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Interview

I was first contacted and had a brief phone screen that lasted approximately 20 minutes. They asked me a few basic questions about my interest in the position, my prior experiences, and my salary expectations. I was invited in for an in person interview by email the following week, and I met with the associate director and director of the office I was applying to. Both interviewers were very friendly, and mainly wanted to know what skills I thought would be most valuable and how I believed my previous experience would lend itself to this position.

Interview Questions

• What three skills would be more important in this position?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself within the next ten years?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

Phone interview about past projects and future plans

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

no formal interview, just emailed the prof and met him to discuss the research

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

just get invitation from the professor

Postdoctoral Interview

Interview

Hiring process was very convenient. The interview was very technical and positive.

Negotiation

NA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

Contact the UROP office or look at the UROP office for UROP openings. Directly contact advisors looking for student researchers and arrange a time to meet to learn more about both project and applicant.

Interview

I applied for an advertized position and was short listed. I was interviewed on Skype as I was in Europe during that time. After the interview, email confirming my acceptance came and work permit documents were soon dispatached within 2 weeks. It took 1 month after administrative processing at US embassy for J1 visa

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in next 5 years   1 Answer