MIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.9

PhD Graduate Student, Biology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

You meet around five or six professors and talk about your research, and ask questions about their research. Being able to carry out scientific conversations and talk to them about their research is necessary.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties did you face in your project/research and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Went well with lots of questions, I also toured the lab and they continued to ask more questoin reagarding how statics work on a crane, where I had to answer questions such as moment arm and stresses acting on the metal. It was short and intense. I further talked about prsonal projcts and such.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Took many months. Job description changed in the middle of the process. Hiring managers didn't seem to know what was going on. Surprised that the place is still functioning. Even after having received the job, there was no real onboarding procedure. No one really cared what happened to you after you get the job. They don't support you after you get hired. Might as well devote a % of your salary towards buying the support and supplies you need. Full salary position and couldn't even get a decent computer for a month or two. No one even bothered to ensure that there was a working phone in my office. Just expected me to pay for calls using my personal cell.

Campus Tour Guide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

There is a brief training period and a few meetings with management. The interview process isn't overly rigorous if you have a good attitude and demonstrate a willingness to learn the tour content.

Interview Questions

• Shadow a current tour guide then give a practice tour of your own after completing a test demonstrating proficiency of campus / tour guide knowledge.   Answer Question

Freelance Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with two people. Pleasant, friendly, professional, asked pertinent questions, were open to questions from me. They were honest with me that they had another candidate to talk to, and said they would get back to me. When the manager did a couple weeks later, it was an email to say they'd gone with someone else, but she was kind enough to explain that the other candidate had more website experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you help your previous employer to increase their distribution (I had mentioned this on my resume). Tell us about your web-building experience.   Answer Question

Graduate Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MIT (Chennai (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was soo quick and the conducted the first attitude and the technical HR round in the same day and then they had undergone the filtration. then one the next day they had shortlisted and then called for the face to face HR.the the main thing is we have to clear the aptitude and the technical stuff ...then there will not be any doubt about our selection . and one more thing is to know about the company well before u go into it. that's the important thing and all the best ,best of luck folks.

Interview Questions

• THE ASKED ME to introduce myself and then some tecnical questions related to my field(EEE)   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT in March 2017.

Interview

It was a very short interview. The interviewer asked my interest in the position, then asked if I had any other questions for him. I wasn't sure if that was how all interviews went or if he wanted to cut my interview short due to lack of interest in my candidacy.

Post Doctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

Most professors will invite you onsite for a talk, then you will speak to each one of their students. Generally the way to get in is to have people like you, not to come off as a "know-it-all".

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come to MIT?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience. I gave a presentation for the whole group. They asked technical questions related to my work and presentation. They also asked specifically about my papers and patents.

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and received a call for a 30 min phone interview with the lab team member. The questions were about my previous experiences and some technical part. I didn't get the offer.