MIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018

2.9

Freelance Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with two people. Pleasant, friendly, professional, asked pertinent questions, were open to questions from me. They were honest with me that they had another candidate to talk to, and said they would get back to me. When the manager did a couple weeks later, it was an email to say they'd gone with someone else, but she was kind enough to explain that the other candidate had more website experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you help your previous employer to increase their distribution (I had mentioned this on my resume). Tell us about your web-building experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a Phone interview - my boss asked me standard interview questions in my field.
    Fifteen days later I did an in-person group interview with my current team. Everyone had the chance to know me at a personal and professional level. There were two one-hour group interviews. Two months later I received the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part of the work?
      What PM software did you use in the past?
      Why do you think you can contribute to this team?   1 Answer

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and received a call for a 30 min phone interview with the lab team member. The questions were about my previous experiences and some technical part. I didn't get the offer.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Had two interviews at MIT for HR positions. After initial in-person interviews, I did not hear back about the position. It would have been nice to have some communication and closure.

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The whole process was sloppy once my application was sent to the Hiring team. They never replied to my follow up emails. Leaving me with an impression that they are rude and best that I am not their peer.

Interview Questions

• What was one issue you had to deal with and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

40 minutes with the hiring manager. Very pleasant, conversational interview. Basically about my background and why would I like to work there. Also, we discussed their expectations and then the hiring manager answered my questions about work culture, and how it looks like working there.

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone screen from HR about 1 month after application submitted. Follow-up HR skype interview 1 week later. Two additional skype interviews after another week. On-site interview after another week with 3 other people plus head of HR. NO FOLLOW UPS! They took over a week to reply to each of my emails, most of which said they had "other priorities" that were getting in the way and that they hoped to reply to me "soon." After almost 2 months of this (past on-site interview) they finally said they had moved on to other candidates (in response to my email).

The interviews were pleasant and they covered all costs associated with the on-site trip, but the lack of communications afterward was quite rude.

Cable and Harness Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MIT (Lexington, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a very professional interview with clear expectation. I was shown the work environment and it was described to me what hardware and software to be used. Shortly after I showed them my work I was told pretty much that they were satisfied and the interview ended much quicker then I expected.

Interview Questions

• I how I felt about being a team player.   1 Answer

TechCaller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a couple days later with a student manager to schedule a phone interview. The interview was brief and I received an offer shortly after it.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to an alumni over the phone if they say they do not wish to donate to MIT?   Answer Question

Interview

Full day meeting with students and postdocs in the same lab. During each 30 min individual meeting, discuss with people about their current research, life, and fun places around MIT. Not stressful as discussions are really casual. Everyone will have their evaluation sent to the PI after the candidate left. Remember, lunch is also part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What did you do during your PhD.   1 Answer