MIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.9

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall, it went well. Met with lab staff in addition to the main professor. Had a group of people all part of the group I would be working in interview me all at once. Took about 3 hours. My experience matched up well with the lab's needs. The McGovern Institute is beautiful and everything seemed top-of-the-line

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

skype interview with the team. they asked mainly about the resume , skills you know , for eg. I said I know mysql , so they , how good you are at. also ruby on rails questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the head of the lab and assistant over Skype. Shortly after, I was asked for references. Only a few days after that, I received an unofficial offer. Overall, it was a very quick process. During the interview, it was easy to tell that my skills and interests aligned with those of the lab. The questions were straightforward and clearly asked to ensure that I would be a good fit with the lab.

Marketing Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interviewers are pretty nice and you won't feel anxious during the process. They also provide with some drinks and snacks. So pretty laid-back atmosphere. And they asked some questions based on your previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• Talk briefly about your previous professional experiences   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

She was friendly but they didn't specify what was needed for the position so I was rejected. But they were both very nice and very fast with the process. Overall an okay interview.

Interview Questions

• I don't understand why you stayed in one lab for so long.   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

It was just a procedure showing that "we have an equal opportunity".... They hire the people they know like friends, etc. so you have no chance. If you do not know hiring director, do not waste your time.

My interview was pretty much fake. They even did not have a question to ask.

STEM Program Manager OEOP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

I applied online, the MIT HR representative contacted me via email before the holidays to set up an interview after the holidays. I responded, but never heard back. I sent another email and the HR rep scheduled an interview. The interview involved meeting with the general manager, other program managers, an HR representative, and the program director. They typically split the interview into several days and take candidates out to lunch, but I live a significant distance away so I met with everyone on one day and they took me out for coffee.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience connecting with a diverse group of students?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with an emergency situation with students, and if so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Internet application required CV and cover letter. Phone interview, on site interview including seminar before receiving an offer. During the phone interview I received general background research questions from 3 people and more sitting in the background. On site interview included 1:1 with 7 professors/researchers and a 1 hour seminar.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked and received a moving reimbursement of 2000$.

Masters In Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

One-hour interview on campus. Quite challenging.. A lot of tricky behavioral and technical questions. They invite for lunch with current students afterward. Overall pretty good experience. Took some time to prepare.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Went well with lots of questions, I also toured the lab and they continued to ask more questoin reagarding how statics work on a crane, where I had to answer questions such as moment arm and stresses acting on the metal. It was short and intense. I further talked about prsonal projcts and such.