MIT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.9

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Resume submitted by one of the recruiting firms. Got shortlisted and scheduled for a written exam. After that followed by technical interview on various java, j2ee related technologies for about 2 hours. Got selected in the technical round and scheduled for a brief conversation about the current position and expectations with the HR manager.

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

Discussion about motivations, past as a researcher, goals, perspective of life after PhD. The recruitment is based on your application. No interview for acceptance but for the research group selection. International students have to take the TOEFL or IELTS in addition to the GRE. Plus cover letter, transcripts from college, and recommendation letters

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negociation

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Using SAP ERP software: review and edit purchase orders, resolve supply chain issues, and communicate directly with the supplier to optimize procurement process. Interact with the MIT community by providing assistance and instruction to follow purchasing policies and improve vendor relations. Lots of fun good time, free food every day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very easy

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

Initial phone interview. Half an hour long. No small talk, straight to the point. They asked what I already knew about MIT and the department. There was a lot of time to ask questions to the interviewers. They finished by letting me know what the next steps were.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview about a week after I applied online went great and I was scheduled for an in person interview about 2 weeks later. First met with the manager for 20 minutes then 4 people together for 20 minutes. The experience with the manager was good, he was very nice and personable and discussed the job and asked me a few questions, however the panel interview was a horrible experience. The people on the panel, potential future coworkers, acted like I was wasting their time from the moment I met them. No smiling, no friendliness, and nothing to suggest that I might be someone who would actually be a coworker in the future and that they cared what I thought of them. I found the experience very unsettling. They seem to get a lot of their workers as temps but this is no reason for this kind of behavior.

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience. I gave a presentation for the whole group. They asked technical questions related to my work and presentation. They also asked specifically about my papers and patents.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

I found the position on Craigslist and interviewed a few weeks after it was posted. I sat down with the post-docs looking to hire a technician. They told me about their research and asked me some basic questions about my past work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

Apply online with application and resume drop. Takes a bit of time to hear back (a month or 2). Then you have Skype interview with the program coordinator and another member of the staff.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted advisor you want to work with and meet for one-on-one interview.
    Then set up a schedule to meet an future-advisor and discuss previous work and future work to do. After that he contacted me that I can work in his lab, he gave me time to think about it and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

I got a response on the same day of the job inquiry and got interviewed just a week later. I had the opportunity to interact with all the current members of the lab that I was applying for.