MIT Lincoln Laboratory Administrative Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Lincoln Laboratory Administrative Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Administrative Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application for this position online; a month later, I received an email invitation from the HR department to interview for the role. My interview took place a week later in a different building, and I felt it went very well. First, I met with two program managers, who explained in detail what they needed in terms of experience, as well as why the position was open (the current Admin Assistant was getting ready to retire). Both of them were very knowledgeable and friendly, and asked me fairly standard interview questions regarding my professional background and experience. Both of them took extensive notes of my answers. After meeting with them, I sat down with two Administrative Assistants who work for the division; it was more of an informal conversation than an interview - they asked me about my experiences as an Admin Assistant, and I got to see what they do each day, which was very valuable (they still had to address team members, as well as answer phones, even with me there). Afterwards, I caught the shuttle back to the main building, where I met with my HR rep. She promptly answered my follow-up emails regarding where the managers were regarding their decision. Over a month later, I received a very nice email from another HR rep, stating they were going with another candidate.

Despite the fact that I wasn't chosen, it was a positive experience for me in many ways.

Interview Questions

• The questions I was asked were pretty standard and open-ended (education, professional experience).   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Administrative Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA).

Interview

Hiring starts with the Lab's jobs portal which all hiring managers must submit their posts and respond to all submittals. Candidates that are not a fit will likely not get a call back. Once hired candidates must pass a security clearance and conflict of interest check before they can start.

Interview Questions

• On the technical side it would probably be research / scientific driven questions. On the operations side it would be more job-related.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Each position has a budget associated with it. The Lab will negotiate slightly with you but not much if you are expecting a commerical salary. The trade off at the Lab for salary is work/life balance.