MIT Lincoln Laboratory Assistant Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Assistant Technical Staff

MIT Lincoln Laboratory Assistant Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at MIT Lincoln Laboratory

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty low-key. One group brought me in for an interview (flew me across the country, put me up in a nice hotel) and since I was already there, connected me with another group that might be interested. I had about interviewed with about 6 or 8 people in each group, 10-20 minutes each, and they didn't ask me super-specific technical questions to test my ability. They were much more interested in hearing me tell them what I did know and seeing if it was a personality match.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Up to a certain point, yes, but there is a cap (or so they told me) on how much they are allowed to offer someone straight out of undergrad, presumably for pay equality reasons.

Other Interview Reviews for MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very curious group. The interview was not technical but more about my experience and the way i work with other people. Low pressure and courteous experience. Got to learn a lot about the company and the group's work throughout the day long interview.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Over two days I interviewed with four different groups within the lab. Each group was for roughly 3 hours, and 4 people. Mostly the discussion was about my resume and class work, internships, or projects that I has listed. I pretty much had the same exact interview four times in a row. It was good, but long. Not high pressure or too intense, I felt like HR did a good job coordinating the experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you worked on and how you think it is relevant experience for this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Boston, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview with candidate team members. General technical discussion mirroring your background. No whiteboard coding or brainteasers.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

Initially contacted for a phone screen with the group leader, which was getting to know more about the position and about my interests. I was moved onto an on-site interview, which consisted of meeting and touring the facility with HR, and then having six 1-1 interviews with members of the group. Almost all behavioral, though seems like it's up to the interviewer to ask anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this specific project on your resume.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me more about Kalman filters and filters in general?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

5 one-on-one interviews including an interview with group leader, technical staff, and assistant technical staff.
    Checking in to the lab took a while, you have to leave your cell phone at the front desk. There were a lot of other people interviewing for different positions on the same day.
    I worked here as an intern, so the group already was familiar with my work and background.

Interview Questions

• What sort of work would you expect do do here?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in working here instead of graduate school next year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

The group flies you out for a day or two of on site interviews. They typically assemble several groups that are interested in you and you spend about half a day interviewing with each group. Each group has four 30 minute interviews - my interviews were not technical and were fairly typical behavioral interviews. The interview process of each group differs slightly, but this was the typical structure:

1st interview: Meeting with team leader or more senior team member. This interview is mostly them giving you an overview of their group. They might give you a lot of time to ask questions or might ask you if you think this sounds like something you're interested in.
    2nd through 4th interview: some mixture of young and old people interviewing you and asking you typical interview questions. Always ask if you work well in groups, they also tended to ask about experiences listed on the resume.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst partner you've ever worked with and why was he/she hard to deal with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA).

Interview

Initially, a brief phone interview.

Scheduled for a half-day morning interview, ran long past lunch into the afternoon:
    1. Met with HR - I believe this was only for your benefit (not evaluated)
    2. Met with Group Leader(s) and future co-workers (1-on-1 with 3-4 people)
    3. Informal Lunch with a group
    4. Exit meeting with HR - how it went, etc.

Interview Questions

• The types of questions asked were about how much and the type of the work I did on projects in college. Also, about how I attack problems. The manager was very interested in how much I can actually accomplish working on a task.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was anxious to accept my offer, and took it as is over the phone. In retrospect I should have negotiated to get a slightly higher salary. Future promotions are strictly percentage based, so the starting salary is very important - even a relatively modest increase will mean quite a bit in the long run.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

Career fair initial interview, then an on-site. Career fair interview was straightforward technical and personal interview. On-site was a little disorganized, shuttling from group to group and some didn't seem to expect me. Technical content was good, though, and it was clear they were looking for a match between groups.

Interview Questions

• Describe the operation in detail of a particular, complex circuit I had designed, along with the thought process behind it.   Answer Question