MIT Lincoln Laboratory Associate Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Lincoln Laboratory Associate Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at MIT Lincoln Laboratory

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Had a face-face interview on campus, followed by a phone interview around 3 months later, and then an on-site interview about a month later. The on site interview was well coordinated with several interviews by different group members at different levels in the company and an entry and exit interview by the HR.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA).

Interview

I first met with people from this specific group at a job fair that was held at a nearby, closely affiliated university. I chatted them up a bit, handed them a copy of my resume and was told that they'd show it around the office and get back to me soon.

Roughly two weeks later, they scheduled me for an on-site interview that took place roughly two weeks afterward. I should note that they asked me to formally submit an application to a position currently open with that particular group. That interview had me meet and speak with some 8-10 different researchers in the group. Things seemed a bit hectic, as many of the scheduled meetings occurred out of order. I was clearly being interviewed at a particularly busy time; however, the time spent with each group member was without undue distraction.

Questions were mostly focused on past work and what I'd be interested in working on if they were to take me on. I was surprised at the relative lack of technical questions involved in the interview process.

A few weeks later I was given an offer. I accepted this offer after some haggling and negotiation. This was followed by a rather extensive screening and investigation process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to map out a circuit diagram for an analog signal conditioning circuit that I had designed as a part of my Masters project.   1 Answer

Associate Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

Interviewed at my university with someone from the recruiting team and then was flown in for a day long on site interview during which I interviewed with 4 groups and approximately 12 different people, sometimes individually sometimes as in a group.

The questions ranged from technical (e.g. describe how would I solve an operational problem ) to interpersonal (e.g. describe a difficult experience you had working in a group and how did you solve it). The day long interview lasted the entire work day and was tiring but not too difficult.

I got offers from all 4 groups so it went well. Having confidence and being genuine seemed to help establish rapport.

Interview Questions

• Explian latin hypercube sampling. (I was only asked this because it was part of my thesis)   Answer Question

Associate Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

During the interview process you will have a wide range of experiences. However, the high level view of my process was as follows. First, I submitted my resume or review during their on-campus visit and was granted an on-campus interview. The interviewer asked standard HR type questions such as "Why do you want to work at MIT Lincoln Laboratory?" and "Tell me about a time when you struggled with a team." This interview only lasts about 30 minutes so be prepared to move quickly from one topic to the next. After this interview, you should hear back from your recruiter whether or not you will be passed on to the hiring mangers (who are usually project leads). The project leads will review your resume and determine if they desire to have you flown in for an on-site interview. Over the course of two days or so, you will meet with all of the groups that wanted to interview you. With any luck, you will have impressed them that day and you should receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to discuss the generic HR questions. Times of struggle and success are both important to the recruiter.   Answer Question