MIT Lincoln Laboratory Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

MIT Lincoln Laboratory Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

There was a 20 minute phone screen followed a week later by a two hour technical interview on-site. Most questions were about my own projects, no real questions about broad programming topics. No questions of a behavioral nature in either the screen or face-to-face. I have heard this can vary greatly across groups however.

Interview Questions

• I spent over 30 minutes describing a recent research project in moderate detail.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a follow up email to set up an on-site interview. I was flown out from Ohio and given a rental car and a hotel room. I had interviews with two groups at Lincoln Labs. The first group was a not very ready for my interviews, but I had brief meetings with about 5 different senior members of the group. Later in the day I went to the radar group and have 4 interviews back to back. I was asked tough technical questions in about 3 of the 8 interviews.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lincoln, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

About one month after I submitted an application for this position, I was asked to come in for an interview for the next month. This was division 10, group 9.

The itinerary was pretty carefully planned out, dictating exactly who I would be talking to and where I would be for the duration. All of the people I met- it was a sort of 1-on-1 thing, or at most two other people talking to me at the same time. In total I went through about seven of these, including lunch.

The people I talked to mostly included people who I probably would be working closely with as well as people from related groups who would be working with my group. Most of the conversations were either pretty laid-back and among the most senior people who interviewed me, most of the talking was done by them telling me what the group does. The work, however, requires security clearance, so there wasn't really any opportunity to see in detail what they do.

I'm not sure if my interview was typical, as it lasted about 8 hours, I talked to the head of division 10, and the emphasis seemed to be on getting me to want to work for them. To clarify, I was applying for an entry level position requiring a B.S. The person (whom I suspect) had the power to hire me even made it clear that he was interested in hiring me, so it's possible that he may have pulled some strings to make it a memorable interview.

Unfortunately, everything is contingent on whether or not the funding is available (done around July, I believe). In my case, HR told me covertly that I wouldn't be hired because of funding issues at the beginning of the interview. After the interview it took one month for them to get back to me (I wasn't hired).

Interview Questions

• Only one person asked me technical questions. Not having had any experience at the time with numerical analysis, this threw me off. He asked me to write a program that would find the square root of 2 to 7 decimal places.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in July 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of being screened by the recruiter, phone inter view, and 4 hour one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between references and pointers?   Answer Question
    • Where a virtual functions can not be used?   1 Answer