MIT Lincoln Laboratory Summer Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Lincoln Laboratory Summer Research Interview Questions

Interviews at MIT Lincoln Laboratory

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Troy, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my schools career fair and was asked to talked about my experience with android programming. (The job ended up being completely unrelated.) Was later emailed about having a phone interview with the supervisor I would be working under. Went well asked about past projects and if I had any experience with c++ programming. No real technical questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MIT Lincoln Laboratory

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in April 2016.

Interview

The group leader asked me about my resume. We talked about past research I had done and the future research that would be done during the summer. Overall the interviewer was very easygoing and seemed to enjoy very much talking about the future research. You should look over your resume and the job listing and try to tailor what you say based on the job listing.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Lexington, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Excelled in a class offered at my university taught by a professor with ties to Lincoln Laboratory. After attending a lecture the Lab gave on campus, I expressed interest in their internship program and sent my resume in along with two references from professors.

This gave way to a phone interview, during which I answered technical questions and explained some of my personal projects taken on outside of the classroom. They seemed to mainly be interested in intellectual curiosity and creativity.

After the phone interview, a few weeks later, I received an email from HR stating that the group I had spoken with on the phone was interested in offering a paid internship position, and I completed a boatload of paperwork and security clearance forms from there to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about [creative project accomplished outside of the classroom].   1 Answer

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn. Within three days I was contacted to set up a thirty minute phone interview, and received my offer two days after the interview. I only spoke to one member of the staff and there were no other interviews involved.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects listed on your resume (signal processing related)   Answer Question

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

Interview

One phone interview. No technical questions, just more standard interview stuff like asking about my background or a time I had to work on a difficult team, or that kind of thing. Basically just trying to get to an idea of my personality, why I'm interested in my major, and if I had any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you had to work on a difficult team?   Answer Question

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through my school. I was interviewed by an HR and technical staff. Then I was interviewed by a member of the specific group. Process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• How does you research now related to your previous research and how can it be applied to one another.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation but compensation was good.

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in January 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview from the people working in the lab. It was really relaxed and she described about her research interest and how will it be like to work in the lab.

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in October 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through the Grace Hopper Conference in 2017. There was a short phone interview with mostly behavioral questions, and then a longer, more in-depth interview with the group that the lab wanted to pair me with.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my undergraduate research experiences extensively.   Answer Question

Summer Research Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory in January 2017.

Interview

After meeting the recruiter at the campus career fair, I was requested for an on-campus interview two day later. It was a 30 minute behavioral interview. After passing that, I then applied to various labs through their website. Due to passing the initial interview, my lab applications were given priority.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to make a decision about something outside the realm of your understanding? What steps did you take to make this decision?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT Lincoln Laboratory (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Laid back, Main questions asked were about previous projects while looking over my resume. Questions about temperament and teamwork skills were also asked. Some basic questions regarding technical ability were also asked.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you implement your solution this way?   1 Answer