MIT Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions

3.2

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Interview

Full day meeting with students and postdocs in the same lab. During each 30 min individual meeting, discuss with people about their current research, life, and fun places around MIT. Not stressful as discussions are really casual. Everyone will have their evaluation sent to the PI after the candidate left. Remember, lunch is also part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What did you do during your PhD.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MIT

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Interview

Met with every member of the lab for 30 minutes, gave a presentation summarizing my past research, had lunch with members of the lab, attended a department seminar, toured the facility, met with the lab manager, discussed possible projects in the lab

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

MIT media labs contacted me after I applied online. I was extremely surprised that they even considered me. I thought I was fortunate to get this response from them. I was scheduled to talk to a staff member from the lab from the biological side. She spoke to me and asked general questions about my PhD, my interests, computer vision and machine learning. I did OK and I didn't expect a callback as a result.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience in biomedical/retinal computer vision?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MIT.

Interview

Phone interview about past projects and future plans

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT in June 2013.

Interview

I was invited for a talk on my past projects. I presented my PhD thesis Project. Some professors, Students and Postdocs came to my talk and some of them asked questions about the application of my findings.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your findings. how can you compare your results and method with others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Every postdoc interview is different depending on the lab you are joining. I got the full day experience: 1h morning discussion with prof, 30min time-slots with other students and postdocs, lunch with prof, more 30 mins time-slots, 1 hour presentation of my research (30 min talk, and 30 min questions); debrief with prof and then finally dinner with 3 other postdocs. comprehensive enough, got offer next morning.
    bogus text to fill up 50 word minimum

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in a team or alone?
      Lots of science specific questions.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MIT (San Diego, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Consisted with one phone interview, one on-site interview, and multiple follow-up phone interviews. During the main on-site interview, many random questions were asked. It seemed like there was no specific structure of the interview. However, most of the questions was about research in general and domain knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Design a research that you wanted to conduct by assuming that there would unlimited resources.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in March 2009.

Interview

Based on prior presentations at conferences, one on one interview and advisor recommendations.

Interview Questions

• How did you decide on studying physics?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to move to the Boston area?   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a postdoctoral candidate during a down economy, there was no negotiating.