MIT Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIT Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Simple interview about my experience in the subject of research with the faculty team.
I knew the professor before hand, and I just submitted my CV to complement my application for the job. I helped TAing a class as part of the job as well.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in the area of research?
    Takeaways from that experience.
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MIT

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Taken into the office and talked to about my accomplishments and goals. What I'd done in the past and what research I'd taken part in. Overall nothing too out of the ordinary. They did ask in detail about previous research.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

no formal interview, just emailed the prof and met him to discuss the research

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

Application for admission to graduate school needs to be completed online. It requires GRE score, 3 letters of recommendation (minimum), TOEFL score, SOP (statement of purpose). The deadline for submitting the online application is around December 1 for mechanical engineering department. Once the application is submitted, it is reviewed by the admission committee. If successful in getting admission into graduate school, one can talk to professors in their field of interest to join their group as a research assistant.

Interview Questions

• Getting admitted into graduate school is the hardest part   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Easy get-to-know you interview process, It was informative. It told me about what the project was about.

Negotiation

Very easy. Easy back and forth. I brought up having a salary. Then he found something reasonable given my background experience.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

No interview

Negotiation

Received similar offers from multiple universities. Invited for a tour and visiting faculties.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT in August 2010.

Interview

Described the project that will worked on, benefits, job responsibilities

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at MIT in October 2009.

Interview

A one on one meeting to discuss responsibilities, experience, and expectations.