MIT Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

4.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MIT (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I came in to talk about a research scientist position. I gave a talk, met with people I would be working with, and heard a lot about the potential project. It was all pretty standard, people were nice. There were not many questions, more being talked at than questioned. Went out to dinner with the group, toured around the campus area where I would be working. The presentation was in a seminar room and involved some questioning, but just on past research.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MIT

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIT (Cambridge, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very hard and extensive. with technical questions on every part of my background. It first started on optical setups and then progressed to device physics questions and more so on nanotechnology and chemistry.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MIT in September 2009.

Interview

I went through five separate interviews before being invited onsite. The onsite interview started off well. I interviewed with the manager of the group. That interview went well. The next interview was with a senior scientist in the group. It was terrible. The guy was shocked that i was black and then proceed to explain to me that this place was not for me!!! MIT lincoln does have diversity issues, which are now apparent to me after interviewing there. After that interview, I interviewed with a guy who works in an different area of the lab. It went well. But the group that I would most likely be working with is the group that is co lead is the second onsite interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Common VLSI coding problems CADENCE   1 Answer

I would not work there for all the money in the world!!!