MITRE Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MITRE Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MITRE (Daytona Beach, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewers start off by asking general questions about you:
-Degree program
-Major project that you may be involved in
-Career goals

Once those topics are covered they begin going to the specific technical questions.
-Walking thru a though process
-How to problem solve
-etc

After the technical questions, they later ask for your desired job and try to match you with one.

Interview Questions

• Describe how to deal with a failing grade in a class.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MITRE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screen consisting of basic knowledge-based questions about object-oriented programming and got invited for an onsite interview. Interviewed with a total of six people each lasting about 45 minutes, including the HR representative. Some interviews were entirely behavioral while others were mostly technical. Technical topics that were touched on: C/C++ knowledge, recursion, object-oriented design, Java knowledge. Heard back two and a half weeks later with no offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Software Engineer Intern position.

Initial Screening by HR, and then technical Staff.

Followed by a 6 round on-site interview with managers and employees consisting of technical questions, and inquiries about what is on my resume.

Never received any response after final round of interviews, even after following up twice. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

First a phone screen, then an on-site interview with each group that was interested in you. During on-site interview, you first meet with HR and then the technical teams. They asked some easy, general technical questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MITRE in December 2015.

Interview

Connected with an employee at my school's career fair that led to a basic phone screen that involved the interviewer describing the opportunity they though I fit and asked me why I thought I would be a good fit for it. Then I had an on-site interview. I was applying for a software development role but most of the question involved overall system design, describing my projects and what my aspirations were. There was a whiteboard coding session which was mainly about verifying I could code and understood big-O notation. The day ended with a 15 minute presentation on a topic of my choice.

Interview Questions

• What is the upper bound on calls from a recursive Fibonacci function?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA).

Interview

I had a call form a department head. Had an all day interview scheduled after with two different departments. Very little coding questions, mostly talked about my projects and my way of thinking. I heard back a week later with an offer for both and was asked to pick one.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

I submitted my resume and got a call back pretty quickly for a phone screening. I had just one interview, but my situation was unique. After the interview, there is a separate application for a employment (if I recall correctly). They said that they had "expressed interest" in extending an offer. The application is also used to determine your salary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They make the offer based on your salary and I did not negotiate (not sure if I could have negotiated much).

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

Very friendly, not terribly technical, but clear they want solid talent. Taken into a room with several managers--some from the hiring department, others from other departments of interest, where we had a pretty cordial discussion of experience, abilities, etc.

Interview Questions

• Give a presentation on a topic of your own interest/experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation, as it was an internship.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

Contacted group with request for internship, got immediate response, forwarded resume, contacted about open position/project a month later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

My school had a connection with MITRE and I sent my resume. After 2 months I was emailed to schedule an interview with a software engineer. The questions that he asked, I did not answer too well. I was not expecting his definitions and compare/contrast questions about programming on the first interview. I thought I failed.
    I was called a week later to schedule an interview with 6 people in a row at the MITRE campus. This was scary, but the actual interview was rather repetitive. I told repeated my story about myself several times and did not have much of a test of my skills. Where I did show my skills, I just tried my best to explain my thinking and I did not finish any of their questions in the time limit.

Object oriented Programming stuff is Important to know! definitions!

Interview Questions

• You have 5 jars with each a set of beans. Four of the jars have beans that weigh 10g and one jar has beans that weigh 9g. Using a scale with only one weighing, find the jar with the 9g beans.   1 Answer

Negotiation

During my 6 interviews, in speaking with HR, I was asked how much I wanted to be paid. I was quite taken aback but I noted the hourly wages that I saw here on glassdoor ($18) and I got that.