MITRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MITRE Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted one week later. Went in for a very informal interview with two current employees. They told me there was two other candidates they were also considering and they would let me know in about a week whether I got the position or not. After two weeks I called and was told they would call me back. Never got a call back and never had my calls or emails returned.

Interview Questions

• How are my excel skills? They stressed the importance of excel for the position.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA).

Interview

Applied online and received an email about 2 weeks later to schedule a phone screen later that week. The phone screen was pretty straight forward just talking a little about my resume and hearing about MITRE from the interviewer. A week later I was contacted to schedule an on site interview in 3 weeks time. The on site interview consisted of a 15 minute presentation to 5 team members followed by separate 45 minute interviews with each of the team members present at my presentation. All interviews felt more like a conversation rather than an interview with the exception of the hiring manager interview which was a bit more formal.

Interview Questions

• How did you find out about MITRE and why do you want to work here?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Web Development Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process started with a brief phone screen, mostly them telling me about the position and asking a few questions about me, ending with a couple of simple coding questions. Then I was called in for an on-site interview, where I met with an HR rep, a web dev team member, a software team member, a team lead, and finally the department head. I was asked to do coding exercises during two of the meetings, and the rest were behavioral. Everything was pretty laid back in general; it was a very nice atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• If you could do [past project we discussed] over again, what would you change? What are some lessons you learned from that experience?   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

Was pretty disappointed with the entire interview process. For starters, I was given the wrong time to show up by the HR coordinating from MA. I showed up an hour earlier and then everyone locally had to adjust their schedules to accommodate me which was nice.

However, none of the interviewers seemed to have even looked at my resume and some were going through it as they asked me questions. I had a total of 5 interviews and many of them kept asking the same questions like ,"Tell me about yourself or Why do you want to work here?" One interviewer even asked me to describe the position I had applied to. :).

The questions were so open ended that I could not understand what they were trying to judge.
    Also there was no pre-screening of any kind which could have saved everyone a lot of time here.

In the end I felt the company did not care about the time and effort spent by me as well as by their own employees.

Cyber Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE.

Interview

The best word to describe my in person interview was long. With a start time of 8:30am and an end time of 2:30pm it was by far the most arduous interview I've ever had. (Bearing that in mind, this was my third on-site interview for my first full-time job). Throughout the day, I had about 9 30-minute interviews, and was asked technical/coding questions in three. As is the case with most technical interviews the questions I was asked primarily boiled down to 1-basic coding style, 2-knowledge of algorithm fundamentals such as breadth first search, sorting and basic error testing. My best advice to someone interviewing for an entry level position at MITRE is as follows:
    1-Be sure to get a good night's sleep and to have a good breakfast before going in. Doing so will significantly improve your stamina.
    2-Prepare a lot of questions ahead of time. Try to challenge yourself to think of questions you can ask different people and get different kinds of insight from the different answers. These are very helpful as you will be meeting a lot of people and they will each ask if you have any questions for them.
    3- Review your basic algorithms. While you should do this for any interview, the schedule is set up such that you don't know who will ask you a technical question.

Interview Questions

• Given the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 the smallest number divisible by all of them is 12.
      Given the set of numbers (integers) A ={1, 2, 3, 4, . . ., k};
      write a function that will find the smallest number divisible by every element of A
      Answer Question

Employee Communications Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE in March 2016.

Interview

Had a 40-mintue phone interview with two people and then was invited to interview in person. Once the in-person interview was scheduled, I was asked to fill out an enormous online application requiring me to give away a great deal of sensitive personal information, including permission for MITRE to conduct a credit report. The application took more than an hour to complete. Two days before I was scheduled to come in, I got a voice message saying that they were canceling my interview because they had decided to give the job to an internal candidate. I'm not sure if this is really the reason it was cancelled (you never can be sure) but I would encourage anyone who is invited to interview at MITRE to think twice before giving away your personal information. Ask if there is an "internal candidate" waiting in the wings to scoop up the job before you bother with completing any assignments, buying a new suit, taking a day off from your job or any other preparations. My situation was handled in an extremely callous and unprofessional manner, which I can only assume is how things are done at this company.

Interview Questions

• Was asked how I would revamp their online employee communications hub without ever having seen it, and without background information as to its issues.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Co Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

After a brief phone screening, offered me a fly-out to the Bedford Office. You meet with interviewers in teams of two back to back. Mostly behavioral-they care a lot more about the individual as a person rather than their specific experience. They want to know your thought process and how you handle yourself. Mostly asked about projects and what you're interested in, they prompt a lot for questions from you for them. Make sure you're very prepared with thought provoking questions. Only 3 blocks were technical interviews out of 7 or 8.

Interview Questions

• Implement a brute-force algorithm that finds the smallest number divisible by all digits 1-20.   Answer Question

Cyber Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had six successive 45 minute interviews with different people in the department. None of them could tell me what they actually did because of security clearances, so it was four hours of them talking to me in abstract terms about what I may or may not be doing at the company.

Interview Questions

• There were very few technical questions and no coding questions at all.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (Bedford, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with about eight groups of a fee peole at a time. They mostly asked about my past experience, and they told me about what they did. Some of them asked me more texhnical questions, like how I would solve or write code for some problem. Nothing was too difficult.

Interview Questions

I loved the company. If they had offered more money I would have gone, but I got an offer from a similar place that had better salary and benefits by a significant margin. I could definitely see myself going back and working there in the future, though.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very long interview process. Started off with a phone interview, then I was asked to come in for 6 back to back interviews lasting 3 hours. Questions were generic, overall easy.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous work experience, what did you do?   Answer Question