MITRE Interview Questions in McLean, VA | Glassdoor

2.9

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Subcontracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews on separate days. This first interview was with the department manager and three supervisors. 2nd Interview was with two Directors of the Department, more senior than the previous.

Interview Questions

• First Interview: They mainly asked for an overview of my experience and they spoke about the position and the gap they need filled. I realized that I was more qualified than the "supervisors" after they talked about their backgrounds and roles.
      2nd Interview: majority of the questions were psychological based. It was extremely uncomfortable and I felt the interviewers were rude and had already decided they didn't want to hire me after the first handshake. I think they did not want to hire a racial minority.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview then in person interview. Interview lasted all day. Had lunch in the cafeteria. Got to see the facilities. The people I met were pleasant. One person was hostile to SHRM certification.

IT Consultant/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, panel interview (w/ management) and 2x short one-on-one interview sessions with task leaders. The panel asked me to provide a 5-minute presentation on a pre-coordinated topic. I applied to two positions and interviewed for both on the same day.

Emerging Technology Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview. This lasted for about 45 minutes and about 2 weeks later, I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was at McLean, VA facility and lasted about 5 hours. I spoke with about 6 people and gave a presentation. My presentation was essentially about my PhD thesis work and I presented to 3 people. After the interview was completed, I was sent a follow-up email stating that they would have a decision on my application "shortly" and then we could discuss how to proceed. I sent a follow-up email to the recruiter about 2 weeks later, and another about 10 days after that. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing at Mitre?   1 Answer
    • What are some open problems in the research area that you would like to pursue at Mitre?   Answer Question

Operations Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA).

Interview

Good experience. Had a couple phone interviews with non-HR, non-hiring personnel as a screen. Then phone with HR, followed up by a half-day on site where I made a presentation and met with a half-dozen would-be co-workers. All of them were exceptionally nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were conversational, but probed for functional knowledge of modeling and statistics, and did dig into techniques and methods a bit. For a true math/stats person the Qs were probably on the easy side. If you're more of a generalist or non-technical they were more moderate. Certainly nothing especially difficult if you've gotten through the initial stages I'd guess.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very long interview process. Started off with a phone interview, then I was asked to come in for 6 back to back interviews lasting 3 hours. Questions were generic, overall easy.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous work experience, what did you do?   Answer Question

CyberSecurity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was fun and intellectually stimulating. I enjoyed the questions and exchange of ideas with the panel. Smart people doing very interesting work with government clients. I would recommend MITRE to anyone interested in helping to secure information being stored by our federal agencies.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Over the phone screening process was in-depth and valuable. I was not offered an in-person interview because I wasn't a good fit for what they were looking for. However, the process seemed thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• What was I proud of in my work? How many years experience doing this type of work? How do I get along with others? What makes my work stand out from other consultants? What assessment tools do I use? How do I handle difficult client relationships?   1 Answer

IT Financial Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had two phone interviews with HR before I was called in to their offices in McLean. There I met with somebody who I would be working with and then I had 3 teleconference Interviews with people at MITRE HQ in Bedford. Thee interviews were not too technical, mostly seeing if I was a good fit or not. The would be manager did ask some technical questions but not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• In your experience, what have you seen as the most important uses of Financial Modeling?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. Phone interview with three people
    3. Face-to-face interview with two people
    4. Three writing samples requested
    5. Face-to-face interview with one person
    6. Half-hour skills assessment
    7. Face-to-face interview with one person
    8. Face-to-face interview with one person

Interview Questions

• They asked the same questions at the face-to-face interview as they did on the phone interview.   2 Answers