MITRE Interview Questions in McLean, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.8

Operations Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA).

Interview

Good experience. Had a couple phone interviews with non-HR, non-hiring personnel as a screen. Then phone with HR, followed up by a half-day on site where I made a presentation and met with a half-dozen would-be co-workers. All of them were exceptionally nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were conversational, but probed for functional knowledge of modeling and statistics, and did dig into techniques and methods a bit. For a true math/stats person the Qs were probably on the easy side. If you're more of a generalist or non-technical they were more moderate. Certainly nothing especially difficult if you've gotten through the initial stages I'd guess.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very long interview process. Started off with a phone interview, then I was asked to come in for 6 back to back interviews lasting 3 hours. Questions were generic, overall easy.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous work experience, what did you do?   Answer Question

CyberSecurity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was fun and intellectually stimulating. I enjoyed the questions and exchange of ideas with the panel. Smart people doing very interesting work with government clients. I would recommend MITRE to anyone interested in helping to secure information being stored by our federal agencies.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

Over the phone screening process was in-depth and valuable. I was not offered an in-person interview because I wasn't a good fit for what they were looking for. However, the process seemed thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• What was I proud of in my work? How many years experience doing this type of work? How do I get along with others? What makes my work stand out from other consultants? What assessment tools do I use? How do I handle difficult client relationships?   1 Answer

IT Financial Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had two phone interviews with HR before I was called in to their offices in McLean. There I met with somebody who I would be working with and then I had 3 teleconference Interviews with people at MITRE HQ in Bedford. Thee interviews were not too technical, mostly seeing if I was a good fit or not. The would be manager did ask some technical questions but not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• In your experience, what have you seen as the most important uses of Financial Modeling?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview with recruiter
    2. Phone interview with three people
    3. Face-to-face interview with two people
    4. Three writing samples requested
    5. Face-to-face interview with one person
    6. Half-hour skills assessment
    7. Face-to-face interview with one person
    8. Face-to-face interview with one person

Interview Questions

• They asked the same questions at the face-to-face interview as they did on the phone interview.   2 Answers

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the MITRE site. My resume was passed on to the hiring manager who contacted me with request for a Phone screen. This was followed by a request for writing samples. Once my samples were reviewed, I was invited for an on-site interview. The interview lasted an hour. I was contacted a few days later by HR with a request to fill out a formal application with details of my work experience, background and references. Employment details were discussed during that conversation. About a week later, I received a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions were interned to find out if I had the qualifications for the job and if I would be interested in doing it. "If you disagree with the opinion of a document reviewer on a professional matter, what would you do?"   Answer Question

Acquisition Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online directly through the MITRE website. Receive a call from HR two weeks later to schedule a phone interview with the person whom I would be reporting to in the position. Phone interview was fairly straightforward talk about my past experience and why I want to work for their company. I was invited next to a panel interview with their senior acquisition people. The panel interview was what you would expect. They dove into my resume and my experience and wanted me to white board a process related to that line of work. Pretty thorough interview overall.

Interview Questions

• They focused on portions of my resume where they wanted me to elaborate further on HOW I accomplished what I did and how I achieved the results stated in my resume.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

HR department was positive and welcoming. The interview was long...lasting over several hours. I met with many teams answering the same questions over and over. I gave a technical presentation at the end of the interview. I felt very confident leaving and awaited a phone call. After several days I called and was told they chose another candidate.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would improve the NAS system and improve efficiency.   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MITRE (McLean, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

We waited in the lobby for a few minutes where managers cordially introduced themselves. Afterward, we were escorted to an adjacent conference room complemented with fruit and snacks where senior managers provided an overview of the company and mission. Each prospect was escorted individually to a team conference with 4-5 employees who asked challenging questions in a relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What was the most complex and challenging project your were on and how did you succeed?   Answer Question