MLB Advanced Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MLB Advanced Media Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Brief personality questions, sports knowledge test (player recognition, rules of the game, etc.) and questions regarding knowledge of sports overall. Provided an answer for the position shortly after - quick process

Ad Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MLB Advanced Media (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

They didn't want to do a phone interview first, even though I asked. They then immediately brought me in for an in person interview. I met with 3 people for a total of about an hour, all were very personable.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a sales person that sold something and wanted it posted immediately?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MLB Advanced Media (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, heard back from a recruiter requesting to do a phone screen. Set up a time, and then never heard from them. Emailed the recruiter with no response. Good job.

Interview Questions

• What time are you available?   1 Answer

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MLB Advanced Media (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

HR phone call, which went very well. I was very qualified for the position, with superior experience to their expectations. I got the impression by HR rep seemed disorganized (called an hour late) and I believe they lost my application in the process after this. Instead of following up, I chose that this disorganization is a turn off and not worth following up on.

Interview Questions

• Outline past experience in your previous roles.   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MLB Advanced Media (New York, NY).

Interview

Actually, the interview process wasn't bad. Was called in to meet with 5 people + HR (6 total) over the course of 3 hours. I was asked mostly about my experience, especially at my latest job.

The bad rating comes from HR throughout this process. The HR person I spoke with gave me her business card and told me to contact her in the coming weeks. To date, its been 5 weeks and I have emailed several times with no response. It is incredibly rude and unprofessional to do this to anyone. Even if you are still deciding, I at least deserve some type of response. I can tell from previous posts that this is a common occurrence. I hope someone at BAM reads this and decides to change this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some of the campaigns you are working on right now   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MLB Advanced Media.

Interview

Standard interview process. Initial recruiter call, followed by a technical phone screen and culminating with several onsite interviews. You'll meet with other engineers and managers of teams that are interested in hiring you.

The engineers there were are friendly and seemed collaborative.

The negative experience comes from the recruiting team, the recruiter made an effort to emphasize that decisions and responses were made within a business day. However, in actuality, I never got any feedback

Replay Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MLB Advanced Media (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two replay administrators, then got called back for a final interview with the Director and the Manager. Took two weeks to tell me they found somebody more qualified. First interview was very comfortable, second was more intimidating. Some tough questions were asked that I did not expect to hear.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MLB Advanced Media (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later got an email from the recruiter inviting me to come in. They are changing up a lot of things internally so any miscommunication/errors/lack of responses are coming from that. They were very responsive with me but its a busy time for them so other reviews that complain about this I don't think this is how they usually are, especially with people they want to move forward with.

I came in and met with 4 total people in separate groups of 2. Interviews were easy enough, I did my research before hand. They all gave me their cards and I followed up with appropriate thank you notes. I was left waiting for a good 25 mins in the interview room after the interview for the recruiter to come, lol! But she was very sweet and apologetic and from there we talked about salary and compensation.

I was invited to come back again for a half day of interviews, was about 4 hours total where I met 7 different people back to back no breaks. Met ad ops, sales, VPs, directors. There I learned how they were changing the department and that the role was originally a junior role they found they needed more senior people to fill due to work loads and other challenges. Everyone I met was very nice and it really does seem like a great place to work.

2 weeks later I got a job offer. Unfortunately, it was way below my asking and even further below what the recruiter had initially led me to believe it would be. They do have some AMAZING benefits though, especially medical. I would have loved to work there if the offer/position had been right but I believe I am a bit too senior for this role and the benefits could not offset this enough. My advice to anyone interviewing is to make sure when you do have the compensation talk to be a bit more pushy for a number. I enjoyed the experience but I wouldn't have wasted their time further if I knew it was to be so low.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MLB?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MLB Advanced Media (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview. No longer than 10 minutes. Interview mainly asks about work experience, what you think you could learn, and why you would like this internship. In my case, they did ask what department I preferred.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MLB Advanced Media (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Was hired from a phone interview, I was told that I was going o be doing full cycle AP and instead I was used as a glorified file clerk. And even that they were uncertain of, they didn't know what they wanted me to do and in the end all the work i put into what I was doing was stopped and they had me put everything back to the chaos it was before.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle full cycle AP and some clerical work?   1 Answer