MNP LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MNP LLP Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.7

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MNP LLP.

Interview

In and out in under an hour. Basic questions. Nothing extensive. MNP only interviews people who know people at the firm, so get a contact within the firm who can push your resume to the top.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Recruiter interviews you during first round and asks questions directly from your resume. Following this, they may take your around for an office tour. Once you make it to the second round a manager or senior manager will interview you with a very similar process. Apparently, if you make it to the second round you have a very high chance of making it in the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions directly from your resume along with typical "tell us about yourself".   Answer Question

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Markham, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

first HR called & email you the interview time, then the HR leader meet you and have a face-to-face interview, typical questions : going through the resume, why you left your last firm, your strength and weakness, why MNP, why you.

Interview Questions

• what do you see yourself in 5 years; how's your CPA process   Answer Question

CPA Articling Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP.

Interview

The process was quite straight forward. I applied online and in about 3-4 weeks I got a call for a phone interview with HR and then got called the same day to book a online skype interview with two partners. Both the interviews were very conversational and not too nerve wrecking! The questions were not too difficult and were just based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Phone:
      Why MNP
      Why accounting
      Why should we hire you
      What were your duties at your previous job(s)
      How do you stay organized

Skype:
      Tell me about yourself
      Describe a situation where you were stressed with a deadline and how did you deal with it
      What did you like the most and least about your previous job(s)
      Where do you see yourself in the long and short term
      Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on MNP's website, two weeks later I was contacted for an in-person interview with two staffs from HR department. Later in the week, I had a one on one interview with the managing partner. The next day, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest weaknesses? What are your greatest strengths? Tell me about yourself? Why MNP?   Answer Question

CPA Articling Student- Coop Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MNP LLP in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email from HR to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview only lasted for 15 minutes. I conducted the phone interview with HR. There would be a second-round interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      A follow-up question of my answer to " tell me about your self". I said that I like playing table tennis. The interviewer asked me how do I play table tennis?
      Why do you choose MNP?
      Why did you choose accounting?
      Why did you choose MMPA?
      1 Answer

Executive -Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I went in for the first phase of the interview and everything went great. When I got called back to meet with the president of the company I got super excited until I had to interview with him. He asked me too many illegal & personal question that had nothing to do with my experience or the interview. I felt like it was more of an investigation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• What's the name of the company that my father works for?   Answer Question

International Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

He is a young partner , Late for interview , not prepared and not paying attention and kept staring at me inappropriately . I have never felt intimating during the whole process, he was unprofessional and complete nightmare. I would never want to work for him.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and was contact by the HR team. Held phone interview and went to meet them and had technical interview with manager. Got offer a week later and it was overall okay.

Interview Questions

• Not much technical, more about experience etc. Asked about past projects and technologies used.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MNP LLP.

Interview

Applied through University for a temporary co-op position. Interviewer consisted of a partner and a manager, both whom I'm currently working with at the firm. Atmosphere was great, they made the interview go very smoothly, did not seem intimidating, more conversational style.
    They did go through my application package and make notes on questions to ask me, so make sure you know your application/resume/cover letter well!

Interview Questions

• They asked about some of my experiences, what kind of role I played in it, if i had to make any decisions (problem-solving). Also asked about my grades. Had the standard question of "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question