MNP LLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MNP LLP Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.7

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MNP LLP.

Interview

In and out in under an hour. Basic questions. Nothing extensive. MNP only interviews people who know people at the firm, so get a contact within the firm who can push your resume to the top.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

CPA Articling Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

MNP places a lot of weight on their networking events. You need to connect with as many MNP people as you can at multiple events to increase your chances of getting an interview. Get to know the HR recruiter too!!! After applying online I got a call for an interview a week later. I was attending school out of town so my first interview was through Skype. They asked standard behavioural and get to know me-type questions. A partner and HR recruiter conducted the interview. MNP’s “second interview” is a social mixer.... it’s casual and there’s no pressure. Just be friendly and not weird.

Articling Student - Audit Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Hamilton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was interviewed through my school and was only scheduled for 30 minutes. Overall it was a positive experience, very friendly and professional. Really just looking for buzz words, try and tie as many skills into each behaviour question even if it seems they are only fishing for one.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview took over an hour. I was first interviewed by the HR manager alone for the first 30 mins and then the manager and partner came for another 30 mins. The questions were not unexpected, and mostly focused on your resume.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me about your current job. Why MNP?   Answer Question

Articling Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Apply online and receive the interview invitation after a week. HR and one manager. Very friendly interview. All behavioral questions. Just google the MNP interview and you can find almost every question. Not a very hard one.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself why MNP how do you maintain a good business relationship one time go beyond duty hard coworker solve a tough problem   Answer Question

CPA Articling Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

There was one interview. I was interviewed by two people. One of them was the recruitment manager and the other was an Accountant. They were very friendly. The interview was purely behaviour question based. There was nothing technical

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult team member and how did you handle it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult project and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Are there any other skills you have that we haven’t talked about that you think we should know, that will help you succeed in this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • How would you get to work?   1 Answer
    • Why MNP?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Recruiter interviews you during first round and asks questions directly from your resume. Following this, they may take your around for an office tour. Once you make it to the second round a manager or senior manager will interview you with a very similar process. Apparently, if you make it to the second round you have a very high chance of making it in the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions directly from your resume along with typical "tell us about yourself".   Answer Question

Accounting Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Markham, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

first HR called & email you the interview time, then the HR leader meet you and have a face-to-face interview, typical questions : going through the resume, why you left your last firm, your strength and weakness, why MNP, why you.

Interview Questions

• what do you see yourself in 5 years; how's your CPA process   Answer Question

CPA Articling Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP.

Interview

The process was quite straight forward. I applied online and in about 3-4 weeks I got a call for a phone interview with HR and then got called the same day to book a online skype interview with two partners. Both the interviews were very conversational and not too nerve wrecking! The questions were not too difficult and were just based on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Phone:
      Why MNP
      Why accounting
      Why should we hire you
      What were your duties at your previous job(s)
      How do you stay organized

Skype:
      Tell me about yourself
      Describe a situation where you were stressed with a deadline and how did you deal with it
      What did you like the most and least about your previous job(s)
      Where do you see yourself in the long and short term   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MNP LLP (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on MNP's website, two weeks later I was contacted for an in-person interview with two staffs from HR department. Later in the week, I had a one on one interview with the managing partner. The next day, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest weaknesses? What are your greatest strengths? Tell me about yourself? Why MNP?   Answer Question