MPC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MPC

2.4

Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Brief phone screening and formal interview. After following up and giving thank you letter, there's was no courtesy of the status of your application. Never heard from them. A simple "Thank you for taking your time but we found other candidates" would have been nice but they leave you in the dark.

Compositor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MPC in May 2017.

Interview

Really simple, the interviewer do not put pressure on you, you get to actually talk to them, they really walk you throught the all process and details about the company.
    You're not lost

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

I submitted an application online and a recruiter reached out to me within a week to schedule a time to talk on the phone about my experience. I gave her some times I was available and then waited for either a response or a call, which I never received. A week later, I followed up to check in and the recruiter said they were swamped and they'd call within a week. Again I got no call, and then I sent a final follow up which never received a response. Two months later, I got an automated email stating they had moved forward with another application. All in all, I get that recruiters get busy and the turnover but still it was pretty unprofessional.

Lighting Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MPC (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Skype interview with the Lighting department Trainer at the time, he asked me few question about myself and my skills and experience. Then a quick walk through my resume and asked technical questions about my demo reel.

Interview Questions

• what kind of renderer are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

One interview with Operations Manager, one interview with c-level executive team in a group setting. Interview with Operations Manager was very straight forward and the group interview felt more geared towards work and social culture.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work under pressure   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MPC.

Interview

I applied online to the position, and within a day I got a recruiter emailing me inviting me for an interview. We schedule a call soon after over the phone. The call lasted no more than half an hour and I was asked about specific skills and whether I had experience in them. The interviewer was very friendly and polite, and seemed excited about the project!

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPC (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online on their site and after a few days one of their recruiters emailed me for additional information and later invited me for an interview in London. There were some questions on my CV and then a few technical questions on the skills I have listed on it.

Interview Questions

• What build tool do you use on Linux?   1 Answer

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MPC (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was professional and to the point. I was mostly asked about my work related knowledge and tested on it. The interviewers were professional and well mannered. It was a pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How do you rate yourself when it comes to your knowledge of the various software used in the animation industry?   Answer Question

3D Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MPC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by their scouting team from Montreal. The hiring manager was friendly. The interview itself was very brief but helped me learn a bit about the studio in Montreal. I would say the interviewer did not establish as much rapport with me as I would have liked. I did not follow up with them, nor did I receive a follow up email.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my areas of competence and experience in shot compositing, 3d layout, and editing.   Answer Question

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I interviewed at MPC in January 2018.

Interview

Quick and simple. People in the office, the managers are all nice and friendly. Start the conversation by asking questions about the company and the office. Show interest in the company's work and the people working there.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the postion? What makes you a good fit for the postion?   Answer Question