MRI Software Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MRI Software Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at MRI Software

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a quick phone interview initially. Then they ask you to take an easy test online in which you just answer as many questions as possible in 15 minutes or something. It is relevant so don't blow it off. If you do well on relevant past projects and the test they will have you come in for an interview. I came in and took the test a second time before my interview with Product Development Managers.

They didn't ask any technical questions at all. Very strange.

Interview Questions

• Describe some projects you have worked on.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for 3k more and they gave it to me.

Other Interview Reviews for MRI Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

Very lengthy up front process. The IQ test and personality profile that others have mentioned takes about 2 hours before the interview, then you have to take another round in person if you make it to the second, in-person interview. Like others, I was confused as to the value of this.

In the actual development working area it seems they've tried to really implement a full-bore agile process. There is no privacy at all as it is a completely open workspace. There were some rooms where I was told people could go to work things out, but they were all empty where I was there. Quality of machines/workspace looked to be average at best. There is a team of "coaches" that I was unsure what their real purpose was.

Interview Questions

• The IQ test had a section with word math problems on things like proportions. The longer you've been out of high school, the harder that section likely will be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

After I submitted a resume I was emailed an IQ test. Could not figure out what the purpose would be for an IQ test for the position that I applied for. If I was to not pass this phase and someone who was unqualified for this position should get lucky and do better, would that make them more qualified??

Interview Questions

• What is the next letter in the following sequence: AA,BB,CC   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

They required you to take an IQ test and Personality test before being considered to be hired. Then they had a simple phone interview that was very well done. After this they required me to come into the Solon office for an interview, this is very difficult as I was interviewing for a college internship. Meaning I am currently attending college and the company is now expecting me to come into their office during a weekday before 5. After being inconvenienced with the time constraints, the interview was terrible. Many of the questions had to do with team programming projects. I let the interviewer know that I have not worked on many team programming projects to date, this did not stop the constant flow of similar questions.

Also, the recruiter was very rude when I turned down the job offer even though they were not willing to work with me nor pay a decent rate. $10 an hour is not a decent internship rate.

Interview Questions

• How were you a team player on your last team oriented programming project?   Answer Question

Not willing to give flexible hours so I can take summer classes and very low pay, even for an internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MRI Software (Cleveland, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled by email. Would not call it a screening because recruiter asked several questions that were not only the typical personality, job history, salary expectation, and personal situation questions; she also asked technical job-related questions (see below). Felt very intense for a seemingly low-paying, entry-level job. She gave extensive answers to my questions about the job and work culture. Got an automated response 1.5 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with development life cycles? Do you prefer Agile or Waterfall, and why?   Answer Question
    • Do you like front-end or back-end development more? Why?   Answer Question
    • What projects have you done outside of school or work to practice your skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Follow same steps as Full timers: Phone interview --> online assessment --> in-person and do assessment in person. As an intern interviewed in Fall, didn't hear back for final results till spring before summer internship. Overall took a few months but from what I know they normally span a month or two for the average full-timer.

Interview Questions

• Soft-skills along the lines of "name a time you had a team member who didn't pull his weight".   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied for a different position and then was immediately contacted about whether I’d like to be considered for the SE position as well. I said yes and was sent the personality quiz and iq test to complete.

After that, we moved forward with the phone interview, which was just a basic screening. During the call, it seemed like she held it against me that I initially applied for an unrelated position. A week later, I got the email that they’re pursuing other candidates.

Based on this and some of the others I’ve read on here, I get the indication that MRI has no value for your time as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• IQ test was similar to others you can find online for free.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MRI Software (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed by two tech leaders. They are both very charming and encourage me to share my thoughts during the whole interview. At first, we talked about my background and then they introduced the projects I would work on.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software.

Interview

Online assessment which was very straightforward , phone interview about company and ideals and then face to face interview about yourself and previous experiences. Was a delightful interview which was laid back and very calming.