MRI Software Interview Questions in Solon, OH | Glassdoor

2.5

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Global Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Absurd talent test that is nothing more than a basic IQ test. A monkey could pass the test with a decent score, but the company has you take the test once at home, and then again in the office, just to make sure you didn't cheat. Right out of the gate the company assumes all candidates are cheaters. The recruiter focuses on the test and mentioned it a few times during the process.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style? Are you willing to work after hours if needed?   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Second phone interview with Manager. In person interview lasting roughly 1.5 hours. You meet with your potential manager, developer, and senior management. They sent the results of the interview about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest weakness and how you deal with it. Describe your greatest strength. What type of personality do you not get along with?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

They required you to take an IQ test and Personality test before being considered to be hired. Then they had a simple phone interview that was very well done. After this they required me to come into the Solon office for an interview, this is very difficult as I was interviewing for a college internship. Meaning I am currently attending college and the company is now expecting me to come into their office during a weekday before 5. After being inconvenienced with the time constraints, the interview was terrible. Many of the questions had to do with team programming projects. I let the interviewer know that I have not worked on many team programming projects to date, this did not stop the constant flow of similar questions.

Also, the recruiter was very rude when I turned down the job offer even though they were not willing to work with me nor pay a decent rate. $10 an hour is not a decent internship rate.

Interview Questions

• How were you a team player on your last team oriented programming project?   Answer Question

Not willing to give flexible hours so I can take summer classes and very low pay, even for an internship.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Follow same steps as Full timers: Phone interview --> online assessment --> in-person and do assessment in person. As an intern interviewed in Fall, didn't hear back for final results till spring before summer internship. Overall took a few months but from what I know they normally span a month or two for the average full-timer.

Interview Questions

• Soft-skills along the lines of "name a time you had a team member who didn't pull his weight".   1 Answer

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and went through a test which after passing was called in for an on-site interview. Took the test again and had a walk through of the building. Would later have a phone interview with my current manager (he is off-site) to go over the job and his expectation. We got off the phone and half an hour later I had HR call to offer me to position.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in handling accounts?   1 Answer

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Talked with 5 senior programmers, took a psychological evaluation via home computer that took 2 hours, then took another one in the building. Software evaluation was brief, just a few questions. They are looking for type-A personalities, so if you are an introvert, this might not be a good place.

Interview Questions

• If I was proficient with Sql Server.   1 Answer

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Submitting application online. Company then contacts you by email to take their online assessment test. No calculators or outside help. 15 min test 50 questions. To beat this test and get you the job video tape the test or somehow record it because you will have to take it again when you go for an onsite interview. On avg. you will get to question 30 to 35. But another way to get a higher score is once you have about 2mins left just answer all C or B or A for the rest of the questions. Try to answer them all. Make sure you do the same thing when you do the test onsite. A sample questions are: What is 50% of 75% of 60? Shape pattens, number patterns, compare 2 sentences find the misspelled words. HR will give you a tour of the building make sure you comment on how open and colorful is.(stroke their ego) Be prepared to ask them more questions then they ask you. Goals, training, software, etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you get 12 hours of work done in a 8 hour day?   2 Answers

Negotiation

negotiate wage. Starting wage to ask for is between 50k-60K depending on experience.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in November 2013.

Interview

1. I applied online. The online system was cumbersome. I've seen better but have seen worse.

2. I was contacted by a HR recruiter to review my resume and was asked to take an online test.

3. I took the online test from home. This test takes two hours to complete.

4. I was asked to come in for in-person interviews. One interview with a peer and one interview with the VP of the unit. I also had to take a shortened version of the test. I guess they do this to make sure you didn't cheat the first time. The interviews were fine, though I felt somewhat disrespected when the VP cut our interview short because he had to go to another meeting. Overall, I spent around 3 hours at their office.

5. After giving up around 7 hours of my time to this position after submitting my application, including spending significant time with three people in the organization, I was sent an automated message saying they were not interested in hiring me.

While I took several issues with their hiring process, I found my #5 point to be the worst. It shows a complete lack of respect for their prospective candidates to not at least send a message from a personal email account telling the candidate they weren't hired.

The fact that they make you jump through hoops with their computerized testing assessments should send you enough of a message about the level of respect they show their applicants, let alone their employees.

After touring their offices, it looked like a place trying to provide their employees benefits, yet giving them a terrible working environment. After reading other reviews, this environment is made worse by the management. The offices had amenities like a cafeteria and gym, but the office floors were just a huge cubical farm. The software development area looked like programmers were kept right on top of one another.

I just don't see the long-term appeal of working at a place like this. Maybe it's good for a first job or transitional job to get experience and move on.

Interview Questions

• It was less of an interview and more of a discussion.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied for this position online, and was emailed by a recruiter within a few days, asking me to fill out a standard assessment. The assessment was basically like an IQ test, with various math, spatial and comprehension questions.

The day after the assessment test, I was contacted and asked about having a phone interview. On the phone interview, I was asked standard HR'ish questions about my ability to work in the US, whether I'd be fine with background checks, etc. At the conclusion, the recruiter told me he'd talk with his counterparts and get in touch unless anyone on his team had major objections.

A couple of days later, I was contacted and asked if I'd be interested in having an interview onsite. I agreed, and showed up at the agreed-on date/time. They greeted me promptly, and had me go through the same type of assessment onsite as I did remotely. Once that was done, I was given a tour, then met with a couple of people (including the manager), and asked a series of technical questions and personality questions like "How will I know if you're frustrated?". After I finished this part, I was walked back to the recruiter and then shown out.

A day or two after that, I was called and verbally made an offer, which I accepted. The paperwork for the written offer, drug test directions, etc. were sent and completed.

All in all, the interview experience was really good. MRI was responsive, the recruiter I dealt with was a cool guy, as were the guys on my to-be team.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was why did I leave consulting for an in-house job, but this isn't a question most people will get.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate. I made was asked early what I was making currently, and since I think it's a pretty good salary for the position, I said I'd be fine with the same.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRI Software (Solon, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

They want people with relatively high IQs. There's a test online they have you do twice. Once after the first phone interview and once the day of your onsite interview. This test is the basis of your employment. It consists of simple math(without a calculator) and some english questions. Do well and you're in.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions.
      They just want to get a basis for who you are and if you'll work well with a team.   Answer Question