MRM//McCann Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.8

Head of Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a recruiter looking to place me, with a pretty good fit for an exec level job here. He sent my info, was told they were very interested and had no serious candidates. Then they messed around for over two weeks squabbling over the most basic NDA ever written, and constantly rescheduled calls. Finally when they got the paperwork signed, they claimed they weren't interested as they had an internal and external candidate, and they didn't want to interview a third candidate. One big, unprofessional runaround from their HR.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Was contacted through LinkedIn, spoke with HR recruiter, had in person interview with three team members. Basic interview questions. The only negative was that I was kept waiting but other than that it was positive

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about previous experience and questions to determine personality fit.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got phone call and screening interview with recruiter followed up with an in-person interview at their offices downtown. I was interviewed by 3 different people. The process was smooth, questions appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Describe how do you think your experience is applicable for this job   Answer Question

Group Strategy Director, Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

Linked In kept recommending this job to me. I finally contacted the HR Recruiter via Linked In in-mail. In the email to the HR recruiter, I asked him to take a look at my Linked-In profile and counsel me as to whether he thought I would be a "fit" for this position. I have held previous Director and VP positions and knew I might be "senior" to the person to whom I might report. I used the word "fit" to make it safe for the HR recruiter to suggest I would probably not be a "fit"-- with "fit" broadly encompassing cultural fit. The HR recruiter contacted me and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was interviewed over the phone by the hiring manager at the end of June.

Interview Questions

• What is it about your background/experience that makes you right for this job?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Had one phone interview that lasted about twenty minutes where they told me about the position and then went into the office for an in person interview where they asked me about my skills . Got back to me very quickly. Great HR staff.

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Interview

I reached out to them via email a few times before. Finally, a former colleague of mine referred me over to them and I got an interview in amidst of their recent new business wins.

Everything was fine. They dangled the creative carrot in front of me but refused to show the majority of the work that I would've been working on. The people I met with seemed nice enough, albeit a little jaded.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Just a conversation between creatives.   Answer Question

User Experience Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MRM//McCann in July 2014.

Interview

She found me on LinkedIn by a friend recommended, set up a call on the next day 11am. Emailed me 10 mins before the call said want to reschedule the time to 3pm. However, didn't show up on 3pm and didn't reply my email on the next 3 days. Than call me the next week like 5 mins, said will get back to me soon, but never show up and email back again!

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. The in person interview ended up being over lunch which was nice because it felt more casual but difficult because eating distracted from the interview some.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my level of experience with the data analysis tools they use, which I didn't have.   Answer Question

SEO Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann.

Interview

Received an initial email about a phone interview. Replied to the email but wasn't able to schedule the phone interview until the end of the week, even though I said my availability was open. Eventually completed the phone interview and got asked to come in for an in-person interview. Came in and completed successfully the interview with two account executives.

After a rather easy and successful first interview, they wanted me to come in for a 2nd interview with the SEO Team Manager and the VP of Analytics. This interview was shifted around multiple times because they could not sort out anyone's availability. After about a week of emailing, the interview was sorted out and I completed it successfully again, this time being asked in for a 3rd interview.

The scheduling of the 3rd interview was problematic again, and shuffled around twice before it could be finally be scheduled. Again it was the same issue of the company sorting out who was available. Eventually I came in and completed an interview with the VP of Business Development and the incoming Executive Vice President. Both went well, and I got the standard "we will get in touch with you".

The entire process took a month, and I never heard back from them. This was after three in-person interviews and a phone interview. As well as significant email correspondence. Either a company that doesn't have it together or a company that is going through significant change.

Infrastructure Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Birmingham, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

HR phone
    Technical phone
    Face to face two person interview