MRM//McCann Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

2.5

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Birmingham, MI).

Interview

Contacted initially through a recruiter. Very conversation based, easy-going interviewers. Focused more on my personality and how I would fit in with the team. Super short, lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your tasks?   1 Answer

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview process was really easy. Came in, met creative directors, and just chatted. I was hired as freelance at first to test the waters. A few months later I was taken on full time.

Interview Questions

• After looking at my book before I came in they just wanted to get to know me.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviews, one with the team leaders, and final with CCO. I got a feel for how the team works and also the direction the agency is heading with team building process and hiring. Etc.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Interview

I sent my portfolio with resume through email and the recruiter replied me back. I did phone interview and waited. After phone interview, I went to face-to-face interview and waited again.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was standard and manageable. They asked questions about past experience, hobbies, etc. It was a very pleasant experience. Know industry knowledge, background and display confidence & personality. I wasn't exceptionally hard, but important to know your stuff.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last role?   1 Answer

Head of Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a recruiter looking to place me, with a pretty good fit for an exec level job here. He sent my info, was told they were very interested and had no serious candidates. Then they messed around for over two weeks squabbling over the most basic NDA ever written, and constantly rescheduled calls. Finally when they got the paperwork signed, they claimed they weren't interested as they had an internal and external candidate, and they didn't want to interview a third candidate. One big, unprofessional runaround from their HR.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Was contacted through LinkedIn, spoke with HR recruiter, had in person interview with three team members. Basic interview questions. The only negative was that I was kept waiting but other than that it was positive

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about previous experience and questions to determine personality fit.   Answer Question

SEO Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (New York, NY).

Interview

It was low stress and easy. For this entry level position, they just want to make sure you seem like you have your head on straight and that you fit the culture of the team and the company. There should only be 1, maybe 2 meetings and they last 1-3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Q. What experience with SEO have you had in the past?
      Q. What hobbies do you have?
      Answer Question

Software Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Birmingham, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a software development position (I'm being intentionally vague). Most of the interview process was straightforward and pleasant. It began with a basic phone screen from HR. Then I had an onsite interview with the manager of the position and another person from the team. They asked good questions. They weren't really trying to stump me but more to learn about my background. It was more of a conversation. They were both cordial.

Everything was going well up until the salary negotiation. HR informed me they would give me an offer but the salary was $15K less than what I had asked for up front. The HR woman gave a number of baffling and dubious reasons why. Those reasons include:

1) I'm white. She said the company was trying to be more diverse and the fact that I'm a white male worked against me.

2) I mentioned earlier in the hiring process that I recently experienced a tragedy. She later justified the low salary offer by saying money shouldn't matter to me after what I had been through.

3) She said I didn't interview well and would have to accept a lower level position. This was later contradicted by another HR person who said I did interview well and they just had a salary cap for the team.

4) My salary requirement was above market average for my skills and experience. This is false because I had received two other offers the same month that met or exceeded my salary requirement.

They eventually budged a bit on salary but by then my mind was made up and I rejected their offer. The bottom line is MRM does not pay well and they'll come up with bizarre reasons to explain why. I've read and heard that MRM HR department has other shady practices as well.

Freelance Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

I was really impressed with their communications throughout the process and how polite and professional they were.

I had some short email communications leading up to the interview. Met with a few different CD's they told me about upcoming projects and timelines. The interview was focused on my portfolio and skill set. All the questions were very relevant to the role and it was a relaxed but professional atmosphere.

I think they are accustom to working with freelancers and know what they are looking for out of a designer.