MRM//McCann Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.5

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Initial one was my the IT director, very intimidating and weird off the wall questions asked to through you off. Interviews are done in conference rooms that are all glass walls. Not very private at all.

Interview Questions

• Basic troubleshooting and customer service questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate. They will low ball you first offer. Never tell them a number during the interview process. Only say you are negotiable.

Group Strategy Director, Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

Linked In kept recommending this job to me. I finally contacted the HR Recruiter via Linked In in-mail. In the email to the HR recruiter, I asked him to take a look at my Linked-In profile and counsel me as to whether he thought I would be a "fit" for this position. I have held previous Director and VP positions and knew I might be "senior" to the person to whom I might report. I used the word "fit" to make it safe for the HR recruiter to suggest I would probably not be a "fit"-- with "fit" broadly encompassing cultural fit. The HR recruiter contacted me and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was interviewed over the phone by the hiring manager at the end of June.

Interview Questions

• What is it about your background/experience that makes you right for this job?   1 Answer

Associate Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Birmingham, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and painless. It's an entry-level job, so questions were basic and the interviewers were kind. The interview took about 20 minutes, it was the fastest I've had. Some of the questions were interesting ones I hadn't heard before, but they were "get-to-know" you questions. I heard back in a couple days and the transition to working was also a simple process.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Had one phone interview that lasted about twenty minutes where they told me about the position and then went into the office for an in person interview where they asked me about my skills . Got back to me very quickly. Great HR staff.

Freelance Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

The ECD and Creative Director had my portfolio site open during the interview and mainly asked about my work and process. They seemed more interested in my personality and passion than actual work and experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is one of your favorite portfolio pieces and why?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Detroit, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter for the position. I did a phone screening with her and then an in person interview at MRM. In person was with the hiring manager, lead analyst, and the data science lead.

Interview Questions

• Usual analyst questions about different types of data I had worked with as well as what data suites and programs I had used. Easy interview process.   Answer Question

Interview went well and I received an offer the next day. However, the company refused to negotiate salary. I was told the salary range but was offered 15K below the bottom. The company said it was their policy to not offer more than 10% above my current salary and not to negotiate any benefits. I decided to decline. I could never work somewhere that doesn't negotiate anything. What would they be like later for career growth?

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and email the head recruiter who I was connected with on Linkedin. I was then asked to set up a phone interview. The phone iinterview wend well. However the recruiter emailed back stating that the description of the position was totally different of what I was interested in. Nonetheless I was asked to come in for a in person interview. I met with the managing supervisor and 2 SAE's on the team. The interview went well. I then got an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable salary

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview and then second phone and then they brought me in for an in-person interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. Standard questions, impressively quick process.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Princeton, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Super quick and easy! It was an internship position, met at the career fair and asked for an interview the very next day. The people there are super warm and helpful

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions, mainly about my experience   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Most questions came from me. It was very casual and mostly just reviewing my portfolio. Their work is heavily focused on the digital industry so they asked me if I have some digital work experience.