MRM//McCann Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.5

Freelance Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

I was really impressed with their communications throughout the process and how polite and professional they were.

I had some short email communications leading up to the interview. Met with a few different CD's they told me about upcoming projects and timelines. The interview was focused on my portfolio and skill set. All the questions were very relevant to the role and it was a relaxed but professional atmosphere.

I think they are accustom to working with freelancers and know what they are looking for out of a designer.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got phone call and screening interview with recruiter followed up with an in-person interview at their offices downtown. I was interviewed by 3 different people. The process was smooth, questions appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Describe how do you think your experience is applicable for this job   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

online, call, in person, offer, and now i'm typing to reach the word count requirement i'm only writing this to look at a company's reviews. this is not very fun

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I applied online and was called by HR to confirm my current salary. They then followed-up with interviews. Process took about 1-2 months and meet with about 6 different people.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Initial one was my the IT director, very intimidating and weird off the wall questions asked to through you off. Interviews are done in conference rooms that are all glass walls. Not very private at all.

Interview Questions

• Basic troubleshooting and customer service questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate. They will low ball you first offer. Never tell them a number during the interview process. Only say you are negotiable.

Group Strategy Director, Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

Linked In kept recommending this job to me. I finally contacted the HR Recruiter via Linked In in-mail. In the email to the HR recruiter, I asked him to take a look at my Linked-In profile and counsel me as to whether he thought I would be a "fit" for this position. I have held previous Director and VP positions and knew I might be "senior" to the person to whom I might report. I used the word "fit" to make it safe for the HR recruiter to suggest I would probably not be a "fit"-- with "fit" broadly encompassing cultural fit. The HR recruiter contacted me and set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was interviewed over the phone by the hiring manager at the end of June.

Interview Questions

• What is it about your background/experience that makes you right for this job?   1 Answer

Associate Content Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Birmingham, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and painless. It's an entry-level job, so questions were basic and the interviewers were kind. The interview took about 20 minutes, it was the fastest I've had. Some of the questions were interesting ones I hadn't heard before, but they were "get-to-know" you questions. I heard back in a couple days and the transition to working was also a simple process.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Had one phone interview that lasted about twenty minutes where they told me about the position and then went into the office for an in person interview where they asked me about my skills . Got back to me very quickly. Great HR staff.

Freelance Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

The ECD and Creative Director had my portfolio site open during the interview and mainly asked about my work and process. They seemed more interested in my personality and passion than actual work and experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: What is one of your favorite portfolio pieces and why?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MRM//McCann (Detroit, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiter for the position. I did a phone screening with her and then an in person interview at MRM. In person was with the hiring manager, lead analyst, and the data science lead.

Interview Questions

• Usual analyst questions about different types of data I had worked with as well as what data suites and programs I had used. Easy interview process.   Answer Question

Interview went well and I received an offer the next day. However, the company refused to negotiate salary. I was told the salary range but was offered 15K below the bottom. The company said it was their policy to not offer more than 10% above my current salary and not to negotiate any benefits. I decided to decline. I could never work somewhere that doesn't negotiate anything. What would they be like later for career growth?