MSC Industrial Direct Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MSC Industrial Direct Account Executive Interview Questions

2.7

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

Recruiter call, phone interview, face to face interview with Branch Manager, phone interview with Market Manager. Background and credit rating check, but no drug test. They want metal working experience when they can get it - those with it will be ranked as more valuable. New trend os to hire younger people with less experience and low ball on salary with a Ford Focus. Experience is not valued. They are now trying to be like Fastenal, not MSC.

Negotiation

Messy, they tried lowballing on salary. Ask for what you want or you won't get much.

Other Interview Reviews for MSC Industrial Direct

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

You have 2-3 calls with hiring recruiter. Once you get past this process you have 2 in person meetings with hiring DSM. After you pass this process you have phone interview with Regional Vice President of Sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation needed since offer was at high end of salary range.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct in January 2013.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR
    2. Face to face 2hr face to face with some psych questions.
    3. 1hr "test drive" with a current associate
    4. Hurry up and wait back ground check and drug screen

Interview Questions

• What qualifies you as a candidate for this position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Unrealistic picture of role as account executive. I was very excited when I interviewed for my position unfortunately the picture presented was not an accurate picture of reality. The interview and hiring process are similar to other companies I have worked for in the past.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was standard nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate on salary or vacation.