MSC Industrial Direct National Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MSC Industrial Direct National Account Manager Interview Questions

3.3

National Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Was contacted by 3rd party recruiter, went through MSC's process which took literally 11 weeks. Including a 3 hour skills assessment test and phone call with a NYC Psychologist.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 2 things that are not on your resume that should be.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MSC Industrial Direct

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Detroit, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Several phone interviews followed by several face to face interviews and then a 4-5 hour personality test and a phone interview with a psychologist. Seemed like they were never to to make a decision, which is how they run the company as well. Things get discussed to death and they never make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Seemed to be very hung up on Excel skills.   1 Answer

National Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct.

Interview

Presented opportunity via outside recruiter. Fast tracked initially with a 1 1/2 hour phone interview with corporate recruiter in NY, followed by a phone interview with hiring manager. Along with online application, prior to face to face interview the applicant fills out a paper application. (Most likely to accept a background check). They do NOT drug screen. I was warned by outside recruiter that the process could take 3 weeks to 3 months, depending on schedules. Approximately 3 weeks after first contact I interviewed in person. (Business dress is expected, long with copies of resume and obviously pen and paper). It was at the person to person interview that I was told I was the first candidate of several that would be interviewed, something that my outside recruiter was unaware. I did provide a thank email / followup after the interview, which was NOT acknowledged. I was kept "in process" for another 2-3 weeks, until I challenged the outside recruiter to seek out an update. I was told, 2 months to the day of contact, that they were moving forward, which coincided with a mailed letter to that effect by the Corporate recruiter that day. Unprofessional and unnecessary process, in my opinion, given that they Corporate recruiter did not keep a supposedly "solid" candidate , and their recruiter, in the loop. It's their loss..

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer in the this position.
      (the outside recruiter offered a sampling of questions)
      Answer Question