MSC Industrial Direct Telesales Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MSC Industrial Direct Telesales Account Executive Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Telesales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Industrial Direct (Wood Dale, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume through their web site and received an initial contact from HR a week later. The lady was helpful and lead me in the right direction. It took about 2½ weeks to get another call from an outbound telesales supervisor for a 1:1 interview. My resume seemed impressive enough to cut to the chase and within 20 minutes I knew it was a metric oriented job (phone time and # of contacts is monitored). Went to another interview a week later this time with a younger manager who was late and seemed to be drinking too much company cool aid.

Both explained benefits and reasons to grow with the company (401k, medical & dental insurance, profit sharing, job advancement, etc..) yet the atmosphere seemed very cookie cutter and stale by the variety of wrinkled up shirts. Office environment is bright and looks very new.

Interview Questions

When applying for fix salaried sales jobs it's important to realize a full potential to be earned if an annual goal is met (base salary + bonus - taxes = net income). Both managers were not very open to to this but willing to give the regular mumbo jumbo such as uncapped, month-to-month, and performance based. The base salary was $10k less than my previous job. Felt it was very entry level and not a good fit.