MSC Software Vice President Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MSC Software

1 Interview Review

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MSC Software (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

First conversation was with Stephen Combs, Recruiter working for Symphony Group. He was on time, approachable, bright, open and willing to share candid information about the opportunity and company strengths and weaknesses. Next step was to meet with the hiring manager and CEO, Dominic Gallelo. He was engaging, enthusiastic, honest and kind. An inspiring leader in a very challenging company. Next step was to fly to Irvine and meet the remainder of his staff including CFO,VPSales,GC,VP Engineering,etc. The assistant was efficient and all meetings happened on time and the staff was open, willing and embracing of me as a candidate and willing to be frank and open about the challenges and opportunities. Each exec was impressive and experienced and open to doing things in new ways.

Interview Questions

• Given what you know, why would you want to accept this position?   2 Answers

The actual HR work that was required and in the planning phases was not aligned with my areas of interest and I was concerned about the potential interaction with their private equity partner in areas that would require further investment to effect a turnaround in their business.