MSCI Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MSCI Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at MSCI

3.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MSCI.

Interview

It's a long process. You'll interview with representatives from each team (usually 2 or 3 at a time) for 30-60 minutes at a time. My interview took 4-5 hours altogether.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember specifics, but there were a lot of logic based questions, typically tied in with how you would implement it in code. There will also be some technical questions about your coding ability along with some implementation. It struck me as Google-esque.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MSCI

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MSCI (Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)) in October 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was quite short. It consisted of 4 rounds of interviews with co workers and your direct boss.

Interview Questions

• They are specially pickie with your finance knowledge, so you must know the basic concepts regarding bonds, mutual funds, hedge funds, arbitrage, CAPM, portfolios, etc.
      Despite being an office in Mexico, the interviews were completely in english.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MSCI (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone, 1 on 1, senior manager, etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tongzhou, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSCI (Tongzhou, Beijing (China)) in January 2012.

Interview

First round question include macroeconomic questions like the eurocrisis, Chinese tax system and FX expectations.

Second round questions include: calculation of bond price, duration and convexity, bs formula, some basic questions on the pricing of future and about VaR and its limitation. Also a few brain teasers are asked. I remember one being counting traffic lights in my home town.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSCI (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in April 2012.

Interview

1. HR
    2. Technical question by VP
    3. Programming test
    4. Technical question by team member
    5. Spec interview (read a paper and present)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MSCI (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

CV selection and shortlisting based on CGPA and under graduation projects. the experience was good, calm and some research. The work culture is good and there is not much hierarchy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and projects and interest in Finance.   Answer Question